Coming back

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tfriel0311

Coming back

Post by Tfriel0311 »

After a long long time away from tb im coming back. I've decided to run operator i/a with just bench press and one work set of deads a session. There are a few factors for my reasoning. First the template. I am subject to forced overtime every shift. This makes it hard to schedule a training week. Op I/A gives me some flexibility to help conquer this. My only concern is that there may be times i have up to 3 days between op sessions but im thinking that shouldn't hurt anything over the long run. It will just make block longer. Second the cluster. I have to maintain a pt standard for our response team. Just hitting bench and deads allows me to keep working the bodyweight and sandbag stuff during my conditioning sessions. This should all hopefully fall together nicely. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Barkadion

Re: Coming back

Post by Barkadion »

I wouldn’t worry about having 3 days between the lifting sessions. I have done that with OP I/A, and honestly, sometimes it is exactly what you need to stay fresh and happy. I/A gives you legit flexibility and it makes it very alive..

Just my dos pesos and good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

rs12

Re: Coming back

Post by rs12 »

You will be fine. You will still make progress, it will just take a little longer to get there. If you have problems with recovery due to poor sleep patterns, stress, bad nutrition, etc.. then the extra time off will help you recover and you will probably feel a bit better. That has been my experience anyway.