Marine Corps Boot Camp

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Joesph155

Marine Corps Boot Camp

Post by Joesph155 »

I have a friend currently preparing for the Marine Corps Boot Camp. I suggested Base Building, followed by Green, and then possibly a Stew Smith Marine Corps program, but this was the part I was unsure of. Would Green be enough for him? Thank guys.

Green2Blue

Re: Marine Corps Boot Camp

Post by Green2Blue »

I went into boot as a weak fat body. I was a weight waver, but they were taking everyone at the time. I hadn't played sports (unless you counted Starcraft) and I had barely worked out a day in my life. I think it was pure determination that allowed me to pass the bare minimum requirements to avoid pork chop platoon. It was hell; easily the hardest thing I've ever done. It makes a massive difference if you're in shape. I wish so much I had something like TB to prepare me.

Definitely do BB. How long does he have? If he has a while I recommend following approach after BB (credit to Balaclava for the basis of this):

6 weeks of Fighter-Bangkok/Green, rotated with 3 weeks of SE/Green.

I'd go with an MS cluster of SQ/BP/WPU. Reason is push-ups and pull-ups will be a major portion of the exercises he does.

Your SE circuits should include some variation of push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups. But change it up a little to avoid overuse injury and platue. For example stick with push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups during your Fighter blocks, then change it to something like dips, inverted Rows, and 4 count flutter kicks. For balance be sure to include a lower body movement in your cluster like lunges or two-out air squats. And since boot is the way it is, a cardio-like movement such as burpees or 4 count jumping jacks.

For E I'd run all throughout BB, running is #1. Once you start Green maybe switch up one of the E sessions per week with rucking or swimming (personally I'd rotate each week between the 2). If you're getting good mileage and feel good with your running maybe eventually make one of your runs per week a tempo run.

Just my opinion. If I had to go back to boot this is what I'd do.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Also, check out Grouchyjarhead's "Incentive Training" as a great option for SE.

http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... f=16&t=220

Joesph155

Post by Joesph155 »

He's joining when I am so he has about 2 years.