SE

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Mulcman7

SE

Post by Mulcman7 »

Hey all! I'm currently in my base building phase of TB2, and plan to use Operator after base building is complete. I'm wondering if SE is ever used in Operator, or is it just for the base building phase?

DocOctagon

Re: SE

Post by DocOctagon »

Mulcman, welcome aboard.

SE is a strength related attribute but it's covered by the "Conditioning" umbrella for programming convenience. It's further sub-categorized as "E" in TB2.

So if you're running black conditioning protocol, you can do SE circuits for "E", depending on your overall goals, strengths and weaknesses.

You can also get SE elsewhere in your conditioning; like GC or Funruns.

You can do solo SE blocks. 3 week blocks of SE 3 x week instead of max-strength training.

Finally, you can add in SE as a finisher after your Operator strength training. I would keep the cluster very minimal if you're going to do this; no more than 2-3 SE exercises.

Mulcman7

Post by Mulcman7 »

Thanks for the good info! Appreciate it!

Dovx

Post by Dovx »

IMO, SE should be used optionally.
If you have upcomming PFT or some other course or you are in some kind of sport where you know you need more strength endurance than do it , otherwise stick to basic strength sessions and as you progress more and more on max strength, you will notice that keeping solid SE in regard of pushups, situps and such requires minimal effort.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

Dovx wrote:IMO, SE should be used optionally.
If you have upcomming PFT or some other course or you are in some kind of sport where you know you need more strength endurance than do it , otherwise stick to basic strength sessions and as you progress more and more on max strength, you will notice that keeping solid SE in regard of pushups, situps and such requires minimal effort.
Agree 100%.