Holiday Season Victory Thread

MxS/SE/HIC/E
close_fox

Holiday Season Victory Thread

Post by close_fox »

The Holiday Season upon us, and with it comes traveling, cocktails to drink, treats to eat, and many excuses to miss training sessions.

This thread is a place to post your training victories. Did you wake up early and train before the day got away from you? Drink four cocktails instead of eight? Go heavy on the veggies and light on the processed carbs? Let us hear about it!

I'll go first: Today, I called and arranged to join a gym near my travel destination. Got them to pro-rate their one month fee, no contract. Gonna pay in cash to make sure they can't slip any fees in after the fact. I will be taking a few more off days than usual, but I will get plenty of solid training while making family time the priority.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

Barkadion

Re: Holiday Season Victory Thread

Post by Barkadion »

This one is relatively easy for me.

- I don't drink
- I don't get shy around food
- I get up around 4:30AM anyway and train downstairs in my basement
- The only issue i might have is staying late and breaking my usual schedule. I might miss a workout or two in such case without feeling guilty. I'd feel off, though withdrawing from regular training for a short while.
- I case of travel.. I put sliders in my bag and go for Rollout/push-up combo and burpees in the hotel room.

Happy holidays! :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I literally ate over a thousand calories in cookies after my LSS run yesterday :|

Adski

Post by Adski »

I'm pretty lucky to have a decent break for the first time in a while. Main plan is to get more skating in than usual and I'll complete another op/ia block. No real big changes, I don't drink, and I've always seen the holidays as a time to get some very good training in as opposed to a break....perhaps I'll end up drinking more coffee here and there.

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

Got up at 4:45 AM today to drive out to a local hiking spot (Maryland Heights in Harper's Ferry WV) to hike up and down before sunrise. It's not the longest hike in the world, about 30 minutes each way, but it definitely got the blood pumping. It was 20 degrees Fahrenheit this morning too which made it fun. I'm doing basebuilding at the moment, so I'm counting this as an LSS, though my heart rate got higher than I would have liked (179 bpm at the highest, though average HR was 146). I've been doing mostly flat road running the past few weeks, which don't carry over to this sort of thing nearly as much as trail running.

PeterHealey

Post by PeterHealey »

Drinking not an issue, sober 22+ years. Food, everything in moderation at this point but will likely indulge over the festivities. HIC's are usually done outside with apex hills, fast 5 or the like but here in Michigan its cold as hell so hit the indoors this week with Meat Eater II. Haven't missed a scheduled workout since I started 7 weeks ago, hope to keep it going for 1 year (as prescribed) and see where I am then. Still plan on doing long Ruck's 1 x week regardless of weather. As Green to Blue eluded to the weekend endurance training 'allows' me to indulge a little. I feel like I earned that cookie or biscuit.

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

close_fox wrote: Drink four cocktails instead of eight?
Well, no, but my victory was getting to the gym the next morning at 6 am anyhow. :lol: