MxS/SE/HIC/E
antlas

2017 Resolutions

Post by antlas »

Let's hear them!

Mine are:
BP from 95 -> 120 (1x bw)
squat 160 -> 180 (1.5x bw)
DL 185 -> 225 (2x would be 240. Maybe that will be my reach goal)
Mile time 7:30 -> 6:45
Max run distance 7 miles -> 13 miles

To achieve them I plan to stay on Operator + black, with a base building block in the spring and maybe a cycle of green + fighter or two when the weather is nice.

Nomad

Re: 2017 Resolutions

Post by Nomad »

I had planned a Base Building block several months ago, but fell off the wagon. Instead I've been running my go-to Op + Black template.

For 2017, I'm going to bite the bullet, put aside the barbells for 8 weeks and run a full fledged Base Block.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

- Staying in injury free continuous training.
- Running BB in the spring.
- Keeping Black OP as my main template and experimenting a bit with sub-clusters.
- Taking any progress gratefully.
- Taking it easy and enjoying the whole nine yards of the game.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Continuously training and learning more about myself and what I am capable of

Try to stay injury free

Gain as much knowledge as possible about physical training and how I can maximize results while setting my self up for success in terms of long term health

Clean up my diet

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

I dig this thread.
Nomad wrote:I had planned a Base Building block several months ago, but fell off the wagon. Instead I've been running my go-to Op + Black template.

For 2017, I'm going to bite the bullet, put aside the barbells for 8 weeks and run a full fledged Base Block.
You won't regret doing this. I'm glad I put the BB work in before moving on to Black + Operator.

Here's my list:
- Successfully complete several self-programmed TB blocks. Self-programmed as in, not the "do this" program from the text.

- Continue improving flexibility, especially shoulder and hip mobility. I have been doing a lot of extra stretches and drills for shoulders and hips. Need to keep this up.

- I will have concrete PFT and max bench/squat goals when I retest after my current block. For now, I want to see conservative strength and HIC progress week to week, month to month during this fixing/rebuilding phase.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Copy and pasted from my log. I just completed base build so I am good to go for some OP and black for a few cycles before a revisit.

My goals for the Operator I/A + Black and basically for 2017 are as follows:

Back Squat 160 kg
Benchpress 120 kg
Weighted pullup (20kg) 10+ reps

3.2 km run in 13 mins
5 km run 22 mins
Maintain bodyweight around or under 80 kg

I will rotate between Op I/A + Black and the occasional stint of green with S&S + Fighter Pullup program and see what I can achieve this year. Ill be taking a few days off and then back into things very soon. Barbells here I come :)

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Training goals:
Squat:225lbs (Current 1rm is 180lbs)
Bench: 195lbs (Current 1rm is 160lbs)
1.5m Run: I haven't tested this yet but I would like to eventually get this down to under 12 minutes

"Other" goals:
Clean up my diet all together. I need to really discipline myself on this. For an example, when I drink, not indulge so much. When it comes to eating, eat a consistent diet of "healthy feeding" 6 days a week and have a cheat day 1 day a week. As someone who likes to eat, this is challenging but habits are there to be broken. I always think to myself what Jim Wendler says: "Discipline over Motivation". This all leads to being consistent with training and shedding weight.
Get after it!