BB MS Percentages

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Green2Blue

BB MS Percentages

Post by Green2Blue »

Standard base building has you do 3 weeks of MS. Are there recommended percentages when you're only doing 3 weeks in a situation like this?

Barkadion

Re: BB MS Percentages

Post by Barkadion »

I am no expert and BB was my very first TB battle.
I just simply started with 60% of my pre-TB 1RM and I was steady increasing weight for every workout. I ended up very close to my numbers with keeping relatively easy DOMS.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

You can do it a few ways; guesstimate your 1rms (be conservative, very conservative) and do the first three weeks of whatever template you're using. Or start too light, and use linear progression to finish up the block.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

I actually maxed out a few days prior to starting BB and just went with the standard percentages used for fighter. But I did run Strength all the way through BB

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I just did the first 3 weeks of fighter and used a weight I always know I can hit. Stay very conservative and use it to practice the lifts before jumping back into a proper operator.

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

I tested conservative max #s before starting BB. When it was time for MS (weeks 6, 7, 8), I plugged in the first three weeks of the Fighter template in TB1.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.