Winter is coming (indoor conditioning question)

MxS/SE/HIC/E
begz

Re: Winter is coming (indoor conditioning question)

Post by begz »

Any ideas for indoor at home HIC training that doesn't include burpees? (burpees and high volume body weight / goblet squats have been aggravating my lower back lately) I have heavy kettlebell available.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

Depends on your space indoors I find my home made Bulgarian bag swings combined with my kettlebell works up a good sweat and increases work capacity

PeterHealey

Post by PeterHealey »

Living in Michigan, not quite the same as Canada but still some harsh winter conditions, I have been rucking for my LSS. Safer option than running outdoors but still gets me out. For Indoor HIC I have been doing the Meateater II. I still prefer the Fast 5 outside in the absence of ice.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Anything with airbike if you happen to have one..

If not.. I've had great experience with modified sledge drill:

- KB Snatches, 40 (20/arm)
- Jumping Jacks, 60
- KB Snatches, 20 (10/arm)
- Jumping Jacks, 30
RI - 2min
x3 rounds
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

begz wrote:Any ideas for indoor at home HIC training that doesn't include burpees? (burpees and high volume body weight / goblet squats have been aggravating my lower back lately) I have heavy kettlebell available.
Try skipping. You can do Fobbits or Meat-Eater. Ramp up the intensity with the jump rope if you're going for a Meat-Eater effect.

begz

Post by begz »

Barkadion wrote:Anything with airbike if you happen to have one..

If not.. I've had great experience with modified sledge drill:

- KB Snatches, 40 (20/arm)
- Jumping Jacks, 60
- KB Snatches, 20 (10/arm)
- Jumping Jacks, 30
RI - 2min
x3 rounds
Thanks for this! Tried it last night and it was a effective workout. Before starting I thought: "Jumping jacks.. this one should be easy" Was proven wrong after, lying on the floor panting :).

begz

Post by begz »

DocOctagon wrote:
begz wrote:Any ideas for indoor at home HIC training that doesn't include burpees? (burpees and high volume body weight / goblet squats have been aggravating my lower back lately) I have heavy kettlebell available.
Try skipping. You can do Fobbits or Meat-Eater. Ramp up the intensity with the jump rope if you're going for a Meat-Eater effect.
Skipping is the obvious choice now that I think of it. Wonder why it didn't even cross my mind. Probably because I haven't skipped rope since I was kid and I have always been the clumsy one. Well, maybe old dog can still learn some new tricks..