Help me out - Looking for website about training for military

MxS/SE/HIC/E
tomcatflyer

Help me out - Looking for website about training for military

Post by tomcatflyer »

Hoping someone can help me track down a link. Back in the fall on the TB Reddit, I saw a link to a website owned by a navy PHD. He did a lot of research and writing about training programs for people going into the military or who were already serving. I specifically remember one of the programs was for wannabe SEALs. The information was excellent.

Unfortunately I can't find the website. Can anyone help me out?

Maxrip13

Re: Help me out - Looking for website about training for military

Post by Maxrip13 »

No idea on that site, but check out mountain tactical institute(formerly Mil athlete) it has specific selection plans and everything.

I use tac barbell 90% of the time with the occasional foray into Mil athlete programming when I have the time to train at that workload.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

It sounds like that guy who kept posting on here and then vanished when his suspicious charity was questioned.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

That was the crossfit for seals video or something ? I remember that now.
The video basically showed all these cool looking hardcore exercises. They make great youtube highlights, but it's not something you base all your session off.

I can imagine full videos of my training sessions being like watching paint dry.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

He kept plugging his book and claimed money toward the book would go to a veteran's charity. The mods asked about the charity and offered to put a direct link to it, and within hours his website was down and he hasn't been heard from since (to my knowledge).

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

The free e-book was called Built to Endure, written by Mike Prevost. The user in question racked up a bit of a bad rep as you can tell, but the information in that book is pretty decent.

To be absolutely fair, we don't know if the user really was who he said he was, and neither do we know the actual reasons his site was closed down.

tomcatflyer

Post by tomcatflyer »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:The free e-book was called Built to Endure, written by Mike Prevost. The user in question racked up a bit of a bad rep as you can tell, but the information in that book is pretty decent.

To be absolutely fair, we don't know if the user really was who he said he was, and neither do we know the actual reasons his site was closed down.
That was it. Thank you!

Didn't know the backstory though.

Edit: When I googled the author and title, the first result was the Reddit forum. As was pointed out, the blog ('Built to Endure') has disappeared. Anyone save the free ebook by chance?

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

tomcatflyer wrote:Anyone save the free ebook by chance?
https://expirebox.com/download/1f177648 ... cbc4f.html

tomcatflyer

Post by tomcatflyer »

Very kind of you. Thank you!