Building up endurance

MxS/SE/HIC/E
DocOctagon

Re: Building up endurance

Post by DocOctagon »

guidaboo wrote:Hey guys, I am on week 2 of base building and for week 1 of my LSS challenge I just went a little bit longer with my run = 40 minutes instead of the 30 minutes. Is that what the intentions of the LSS challenges are - to go a little longer then the previous two LSS days? Just wondering If I am doing it right as my LSS challenge day is coming up again in week 2 and wanted to see what my options were for the LSS challenge(s) .. Thanks all!
You can do whatever you like on your LSS challenge days. It's your given time slot to increase your run time if you want to. It's certainly not mandatory, it's more like an outlet for you to push the limits if you've been feeling restricted by the regular run times during the week.

Stefan Olsson

Post by Stefan Olsson »

Caleddin wrote:The big thing for me in basebuilding was slowing down. You gotta go slow. Are you going slow? Nope - still too fast. For some of us it's excruciating. But along with the aerobic base you build, it is a fantastic ego-buster. Nothing makes you laugh at yourself more than getting passed by every sort of person while you try to stick to that heart rate zone.
This was the major problem when I trained my wife in running. The pace was her thing of measurement. If we were not going fast we were not training. It got to a point that I almost had to force her to stay behind me in our runs and trust me that it would work. We started at 5k and worked up to 20k (over a couple of weeks, 6-8) in a slow talk-pace once or twice a week. Then she started to reintroduce her shorter runs an noticed that her pace has increased tremendously without her feeling more fatigued. After that she began to trust me again :mrgreen:
If a fight is inevitable, hit first.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Stefan Olsson wrote:
Caleddin wrote:The big thing for me in basebuilding was slowing down. You gotta go slow. Are you going slow? Nope - still too fast. For some of us it's excruciating. But along with the aerobic base you build, it is a fantastic ego-buster. Nothing makes you laugh at yourself more than getting passed by every sort of person while you try to stick to that heart rate zone.
This was the major problem when I trained my wife in running. The pace was her thing of measurement. If we were not going fast we were not training. It got to a point that I almost had to force her to stay behind me in our runs and trust me that it would work. We started at 5k and worked up to 20k (over a couple of weeks, 6-8) in a slow talk-pace once or twice a week. Then she started to reintroduce her shorter runs an noticed that her pace has increased tremendously without her feeling more fatigued. After that she began to trust me again :mrgreen:
Now that's a win!