Curious...Any of You Do BB Using Talk Test?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
StayGrey

Re: Curious...Any of You Do BB Using Talk Test?

Post by StayGrey »

Blackmetalbunny wrote: Honestly; I would imagine the difference in methodology would not amount to a statistically significant difference.
This is kinda what I figured, cheers.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I've only used the talk test, so I have no grounds for comparison. Nevertheless, I've had great results from my BB periods. I like having one fewer thing to fiddle with.

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

I've looked elsewhere, and haven't seen it yet- but does anyone use jump rope for the E work?

I find jumping rope pretty easy, and can do 25-30 min without really sweating/ breathing out of my nose the entire time and talked when asked. My HR watch was dead and the charger was left at home this week so I couldn't CHECK- I did it anyways cause it seemed simple enough.

Slow jump rope= sub 150? guesstimations here

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

alottadav wrote:I've looked elsewhere, and haven't seen it yet- but does anyone use jump rope for the E work?

I find jumping rope pretty easy, and can do 25-30 min without really sweating/ breathing out of my nose the entire time and talked when asked. My HR watch was dead and the charger was left at home this week so I couldn't CHECK- I did it anyways cause it seemed simple enough.

I bet it's fine for someone a lot better at skipping rope than I am! ;)

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

J-Madd wrote:
alottadav wrote:I've looked elsewhere, and haven't seen it yet- but does anyone use jump rope for the E work?

I bet it's fine for someone a lot better at skipping rope than I am! ;)

There was a time when I could not do 10 skips in a row without screwing up. One day I just decided 10min of jump rope would be my warm up movement. Over time got better, and even got to 60 min one time without stopping.

Strangely enough during this time, I would often get in the zone, skip my PT session and just jump rope for an hour 1-2 a week when I felt like it. It was basic aerobic work that I was missing out on- and I was arguably in the best shape of my life then- excited where TB takes me with BB phase.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

I've done it kind for slower LSS type runs. A way I like to do it, and this may seem oddly bizarre, is if I am running, I like to see how easily I might be able to sing along or whatever during an LSS session. What really helps or does the trick is listening to cadence and sometimes singing it back. Call me crazy or weird, but I do sometimes feel like that something like that helps. Also, sometimes if I am running, I will bump into other people and will say Hi or hows it going and that is also a solid indicator.
Get after it!