GPS Watch

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tyr0331

Re: GPS Watch

Post by Tyr0331 »

After all many HOURS of research and taking all your comments into account I decided to go with the suunto ambit 3 peak HR. A little overkill but had great reviews and a lot of the functions can be used on the job. It was on sale for Black Friday for almost 50% off so I picked it up. Thank you to everyone who replied with their thoughts on this. If anyone wants to know how it is I'll let you know in about two weeks after it gets some use on it

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tyr0331 wrote:After all many HOURS of research and taking all your comments into account I decided to go with the suunto ambit 3 peak HR. A little overkill but had great reviews and a lot of the functions can be used on the job. It was on sale for Black Friday for almost 50% off so I picked it up. Thank you to everyone who replied with their thoughts on this. If anyone wants to know how it is I'll let you know in about two weeks after it gets some use on it
I'd really appreciate if you can drop few lines of review after using it for a while. Thanks.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Barkadion wrote:
Tyr0331 wrote:After all many HOURS of research and taking all your comments into account I decided to go with the suunto ambit 3 peak HR. A little overkill but had great reviews and a lot of the functions can be used on the job. It was on sale for Black Friday for almost 50% off so I picked it up. Thank you to everyone who replied with their thoughts on this. If anyone wants to know how it is I'll let you know in about two weeks after it gets some use on it
I'd really appreciate if you can drop few lines of review after using it for a while. Thanks.
Will do

Johnnny13

Post by Johnnny13 »

DC Rainmaker originally turned me onto the Garmin 310XT in 2011. It was great to see my pace, overall time, distance covered, and heart rate. He even did a great review using a Polar heart strap with the Garmin monitor. My watch finally started to die out on me so I looked at his review of the Garmin 910XT this year. I was able to find one used on eBay for $70. There are newer models but I don't want to drop $400 on a new one. I also like Garmin software for logging my activity. It displays all of my running info clearly.

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Picked up a refurburshed garmin fenix 3 on eBay for $225 shipped. Requires an ANT+ heart rate strap, but I've already got a garmin one (~$40 on Amazon). This watch is awesome. Easy to use. Super customizable. Large, easy to read, and still very comfortable. Battery lasts a long time. More importantly it follows the first rule of life: always look cool. If you want a GPS watch this is hands down the best value I at $225.