TB Birthday (A year in review)

MxS/SE/HIC/E
travman

TB Birthday (A year in review)

Post by travman »

Bottom Line Up Front: Began BB June 2016, since then I have done, Green Progressive SE Template, Fighter/Green Protocol, Zulu/Black, and now Op/Black Pro. My strength has increased 25-30lbs per block, and my push-ups and sit-ups have almost doubled.

My goals have changed in a year, from endurance/strength endurance to maximum strength/speed.

I have made my mistakes over the year: messing up my beginning squat numbers, not pushing my E sessions during green protocol, and forgetting that Black had an E every other week halfway through a block. Now I am now dialed into my current block and feeling great.

My numbers have increased, pushups and sit-ups are both in the 80s, my bench is at about 231, my back squat is at 308 (hoping for 315 at the end of this block), and my pull-ups are around 6. (I am hoping for 10 reps by the end of this block.) My push-ups and sit-ups have close to doubled in total. My bench and squat have jump about 25-30lbs a block. Pull-ups are above 6 before my form falters.

My run times are abysmal I am doing Hills, Tempo 5k, a Repeats, and LSS every week. It is very humbling having your wife (who ran track for 2 years in college) correct your technique and telling you to pick it up when doing your repeats.

I look forward to the newbie gains after every cycle because I know they won’t last. I hope to push my run times down in the future.

Thanks K.B. for the material and thanks Jim for showing me TB.

mikhou

Re: TB Birthday (A year in review)

Post by mikhou »

Outstanding and encouraging!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Great progress travman, glad to hear it!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Excellent work Travman! You've had a great year. I think it's fabulous that your wife can help push you!

travman

Post by travman »

Thanks for the help and encouragement! This community has been awesome. I'll keep grinding.

travman

Post by travman »

J-Madd wrote:Excellent work Travman! You've had a great year. I think it's fabulous that your wife can help push you!
Yes, it is great, but also humbling.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Awesome, mate :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

travman wrote: My strength has increased 25-30lbs per block, and my push-ups and sit-ups have almost doubled.

My numbers have increased, pushups and sit-ups are both in the 80s, my bench is at about 231, my back squat is at 308 (hoping for 315 at the end of this block), and my pull-ups are around 6. (I am hoping for 10 reps by the end of this block.) My push-ups and sit-ups have close to doubled in total. My bench and squat have jump about 25-30lbs a block. Pull-ups are above 6 before my form falters.
This is incredible! Well done. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Feel free not to answer.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

That kind of result in a year is outstanding. Keep at it, your running will catch up!

travman

Post by travman »

TangoZero wrote:
travman wrote: My strength has increased 25-30lbs per block, and my push-ups and sit-ups have almost doubled.

This is incredible! Well done. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Feel free not to answer.
Thank you! I am 27 y/o male. Why do you ask?