What are ways to incorporate assistance work besides SE?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
03rockeater

Re: What are ways to incorporate assistance work besides SE?

Post by 03rockeater »

Maxrip13 wrote:
If it’s rehab work do it as part of your warmup. That way it always gets done and it also contributes to getting things working right for the training session.
Good idea. At first I was thinking of just adding a few sets of some type of rowing activity (lightweight at low intensity) but after doing some internet searching I think my problem is best corrected with rehab work like you've suggested (for example, this is something I am considering: https://youtu.be/oLwTC-lAJws)
Aiwacht wrote: I do this for a similar reason, using inverted rows in a smith machine in a GTG kind of way (so only abut half of what I could do in any set). I just out them anywhere they won't interfere with my other lifts.
I think this is a great idea and will give it a try. My other option that I just thought of would be to get rid of weighted pull ups and add in inverted rows with my Operator Template. I'll do a little more reading and research and see what the best option is.

Thanks all for the help and sorry for any "thread jacking" as they like to call it, although I think my questions are relevant and could help "jzt" who had the original post.