Training Protocol Guidance

MxS/SE/HIC/E
mikhou

Re: Training Protocol Guidance

Post by mikhou »

KBKeto wrote:Thanks everyone for chiming in with some good advice. I appreciate it. I was starting to worry that I was not going to get any advice other than to read the book haha

Not to pile on, but let me explain the incessant urging for you to read the books. Many people ask questions on these forums that are covered in the books. We assume that they ask these questions because they haven't read the books and are looking for copyrighted information for free. End of the day, the books are cheap and they are fast and easy reads, but they explain the entire TB system much better than a forum post can.

Hear us when we say that you are very welcome here. This is by far one of the friendliest and helpful online forums that exist. And after reading the books, if you have further questions, everyone here will be very happy to help you out.

You've already received some good advice. I would only suggest to you to start with TB, 3rd edition then TB2 then Ageless Athlete in that order. You could potentially start with AA, but TB, 3rd edition is all about explaining the strength system which is your goal right now. I think that once you understand the strength and conditioning system in total (TB and TB2) then AA does an excellent job of explaining how to tweak your program for your needs (regardless of age).

mikhou

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

Also, I know people have stated that your plan is not consistent with TB, but, specifically:

Doing weighted pull-ups on your "days off" is probably going to be counter-productive. You're supposed to be recovering on those days.

You gain strength by recovering from lifting weights. You want to be fresh on Wednesday to attack the lifts, and it's hard to do that if you are going heavy on core lifts both Monday and Tuesday . . .

KBKeto

Post by KBKeto »

WallBilly wrote:Also, I know people have stated that your plan is not consistent with TB, but, specifically:

Doing weighted pull-ups on your "days off" is probably going to be counter-productive. You're supposed to be recovering on those days.

You gain strength by recovering from lifting weights. You want to be fresh on Wednesday to attack the lifts, and it's hard to do that if you are going heavy on core lifts both Monday and Tuesday . . .
Thanks. I've gotten thru 64% of TB 3rd Edition on this drive... It makes sense on the WPU.