Poliquin: Kettlebell Swings Are Bad For You

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Maxrip13

Re: Poliquin: Kettlebell Swings Are Bad For You

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
J-Madd wrote:I have a similar relationship with the deadlift, much like a bad girlfriend. I know she is bad for me, and she always ends up hurting me, but I just can't resist. ;)
Sounds like a damn good girlfriend to mee :lol:
I haven't done heavy deadlifts in years for similar reasons. It's my best lift also. I hit triple bodyweight a few years ago.

I do miss it but I can maintain a double bodyweight deadlift with no training. I get more from frequent squats and just stick with them.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

[quote="Maxrip13"
I haven't done heavy deadlifts in years for similar reasons. It's my best lift also. I hit triple bodyweight a few years ago.

I do miss it but I can maintain a double bodyweight deadlift with no training. I get more from frequent squats and just stick with them.[/quote]

This is very close to my own experience.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

J-Madd wrote:[quote="Maxrip13"

I do miss it but I can maintain a double bodyweight deadlift with no training. I get more from frequent squats and just stick with them.
This is very close to my own experience.[/quote]

It seems to be the way for a lot of people to be honest. I get more from heavy pullups and as of late heavy swings.
I think I may have to invest in a heavier kettlebell or two soon as I am out growing the 32's I have at the moment.
I am back into operator as of next week and very keen for some barbell back squats.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Maxrip13 wrote:
J-Madd wrote:[quote="Maxrip13"

This is very close to my own experience.
It seems to be the way for a lot of people to be honest. I get more from heavy pullups and as of late heavy swings.
I think I may have to invest in a heavier kettlebell or two soon as I am out growing the 32's I have at the moment.
I am back into operator as of next week and very keen for some barbell back squats.[/quote]

x2! Heavy pull-ups and swings, with squats are the key for me.