Who are your favorite fitness authors?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
xfitxm

Re: Who are your favorite fitness authors?

Post by xfitxm »

lennarn wrote:
xfitxm wrote:
lennarn wrote:
Where did it ship from? I have to pay shipping all the way to Norway, which quite often is a bit out of the way (expensive) and takes several weeks for packages to arrive.
USA. I think you can see the shipping cost before ordering it.

It was shipped the day I ordered and it took 2 weeks to arrive.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:Ross Enamait, been following his works since about 2008, and it's all still as useful now as it was then. I'll never forget the first time running the 50 day template from infinite intensity with a good friend of mine while we were still boxing competitively, that then was a big game changer. Plus his content is always that, content, no filler, all useful.

K. Black, goes without saying. The approach to strength training has changed everything for me personally, and keeps me from falling into the too hard too often category. Another no bs approach, and of course, the reintroduction of base building.

Mel Siff- supertraining and facts and fallacies were massive eye openers.

Greg Everett- his books on weightlifting are set up very well.

Chad Wesley Smith- for anyone into powerlifting, he has a few good reads out there.

Kelly Starett- I was sceptical with his work at first but I have found a good portion of it useful.
Hey mate,

This might seem random but did I see a fitness compilation you had posted a video of featuring some skating. I found it when browsing and some places looked familiar. If I was to mention Robbo and Palmerston to you, would you know what I mean ?? This may seem a bit random.
This may be a very, late reply, but yes, that would sound somewhat familiar.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:Ross Enamait, been following his works since about 2008, and it's all still as useful now as it was then. I'll never forget the first time running the 50 day template from infinite intensity with a good friend of mine while we were still boxing competitively, that then was a big game changer. Plus his content is always that, content, no filler, all useful.

K. Black, goes without saying. The approach to strength training has changed everything for me personally, and keeps me from falling into the too hard too often category. Another no bs approach, and of course, the reintroduction of base building.

Mel Siff- supertraining and facts and fallacies were massive eye openers.

Greg Everett- his books on weightlifting are set up very well.

Chad Wesley Smith- for anyone into powerlifting, he has a few good reads out there.

Kelly Starett- I was sceptical with his work at first but I have found a good portion of it useful.
Hey mate,

This might seem random but did I see a fitness compilation you had posted a video of featuring some skating. I found it when browsing and some places looked familiar. If I was to mention Robbo and Palmerston to you, would you know what I mean ?? This may seem a bit random.
Haha very delayed, but I used to be posted up there. I thought that gym and skate park looked familiar.
My wife is an ex local and we still visit her family regularly. I am thinking about eventually moving back now that it is affordable.

I was just a POG but made the most of my time and got to do some good weapon quals, CQB courses, CFA, a shit load of range work and IMT's taught by competent people in arms corps.
I finished up full time at a choc posting. I am out now and down in Vic using those skills as a cop.

Just was random to see the gym I used to train at and see they added some stuff.
It was great on a Sunday hitting the gym to burn of the weekends 2 day bender.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:
Hey mate,

Haha very delayed, but I used to be posted up there. I thought that gym and skate park looked familiar.
My wife is an ex local and we still visit her family regularly. I am thinking about eventually moving back now that it is affordable.

I was just a POG but made the most of my time and got to do some good weapon quals, CQB courses, CFA, a shit load of range work and IMT's taught by competent people in arms corps.
I finished up full time at a choc posting. I am out now and down in Vic using those skills as a cop.

Just was random to see the gym I used to train at and see they added some stuff.
It was great on a Sunday hitting the gym to burn of the weekends 2 day bender.
Ha! What a small world! Darwin isn’t too bad at all, it’s becomng similar to Townsville nowadays, more shops/cafes etc.

The heat is still intense but that’s the NT.

The gym there isn’t too bad nowadays, I mainly train at home though, less distractions. Funny you should mention Vic, I used to live around the corner from the academy in glen waverly. Loved running hills there. And oakleigh was around the corner (so much Greek food!).

I’m still up here for a while yet, working on what the next step is if I was to transition out.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

I want to know who really is K.Black...Hats off to you sire because of you i learned so much about strength Vs Hypertrophy Vs conditioning and the mighty periodization....I want to send you a postcard! Regards...

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Jim Madden. Duh.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:
Ha! What a small world! Darwin isn’t too bad at all, it’s becomng similar to Townsville nowadays, more shops/cafes etc.

The gym there isn’t too bad nowadays, I mainly train at home though, less distractions. Funny you should mention Vic, I used to live around the corner from the academy in glen waverly. Loved running hills there. And oakleigh was around the corner (so much Greek food!).

I’m still up here for a while yet, working on what the next step is if I was to transition out.

Yeah I noticed last time I was up it was slowly changing, but it was only a short trip at the start of the year.

I have to be honest and say I miss the heat these days. I never used to need to warm up to train and had less injuries.

I live probably 10 mins from the Academy, so it is definitely a very small world. No decent hills here but I can easily travel to a few parks for hill sprints when I sub them back in. I will be using the Academy gym in my next cycle a few days a week. They have a similar setup to what Robbo used to have, but a few more squat racks luckily.

If you are thinking swapping from Green to Blue it isn't to bad besides the paperwork. It is also nice to have most of the idiots you deal with not be your supervisors at work. No more 9 months away a year, you always know that you are going home with no more than a few hours OT and they will have to pay you for it.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

Yeah I noticed last time I was up it was slowly changing, but it was only a short trip at the start of the year.

I have to be honest and say I miss the heat these days. I never used to need to warm up to train and had less injuries.

I live probably 10 mins from the Academy, so it is definitely a very small world. No decent hills here but I can easily travel to a few parks for hill sprints when I sub them back in. I will be using the Academy gym in my next cycle a few days a week. They have a similar setup to what Robbo used to have, but a few more squat racks luckily.

If you are thinking swapping from Green to Blue it isn't to bad besides the paperwork. It is also nice to have most of the idiots you deal with not be your supervisors at work. No more 9 months away a year, you always know that you are going home with no more than a few hours OT and they will have to pay you for it.
Hmm, definitely worth a thought for the future, yea, I don’t mind the heat, I’ve done Townsville, Tully and now here, so im pretty well used to the heat, and dry season here is fantastic, plus there’s the glenti festival, so good.

This all being said, mainly for family reasons I’ll end up having to move at least slightly south.

Sounds like a good gym set up, plus....nearby hills, waverly rd etc (apex!), then there’s mocha Jos for a post workout feed and coffee!

I’ll have to really consider blue as a future option, it doesn’t sound too bad at all.