Mobility Drills

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Your_Lunch

Mobility Drills

Post by Your_Lunch »

So I've been doing a Limber 11 session most days for the past few weeks, either as a warmup to lifting or just on it's own, with much success loosening up all my aches and pains! However I want to add a bit more to it for rest / recovery days, and looking more towards movement-based drills (eg rotating lunges, walking hip circles etc) as opposed to static-type exercises (limber 11 style performed on the spot).

I'm curious to hear what others use, both for upper and lower body, and all those little gems that work wonders for you?

Wfd144

Re: Mobility Drills

Post by Wfd144 »

I do a few very light weight Turkish get ups to warm up

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I have posted Cressey's list of mobility drills under "Archive". Usually I pick some drills from there and cycle it through the block. There are some moves that have become a staple. Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5_14SfX9Is

I have found that routines such as Agile-8 are overkill for me personally. My warm-up is usually few min of foam rolling following by few min of mobility drills. I try to keep it ~ 10min.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

I've followed the agile 8 religiously to subscribing to KSTARs mobility wod for a year and following his daily mobility sessions. I think a lot of it is based on your lifestyle outside of the gym. If you are in a desk job all day, you might need more of a warmup/mobility to properly to prep your body. But if you are constantly moving all day for the most part, maybe just a quick few minute warm up and some lightweight lifting of the same lifts you are performing will be good. Just kind of have to listen to your body. I like to foam roll and stretch in any down time I have like watching tv.

Your_Lunch

Post by Your_Lunch »

Barkadion wrote:I have posted Cressey's list of mobility drills under "Archive". Usually I pick some drills from there and cycle it through the block. There are some moves that have become a staple. Such as:

I have found that routines such as Agile-8 are overkill for me personally. My warm-up is usually few min of foam rolling following by few min of mobility drills. I try to keep it ~ 10min.
Thanks mate, don't know how I missed that post!

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Bit of rope work for agility and coordination and just getting into animal movements for dynamic warm up that seems to be working a treat but still early days
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:I have posted Cressey's list of mobility drills under "Archive". Usually I pick some drills from there and cycle it through the block. There are some moves that have become a staple. Such as:

Thanks for posting that Bark. I agree that agile 8 and limber 11 are overkill. I just don't have enough time in the gym. But that one looks like something I could do.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:

Thanks for posting that Bark. I agree that agile 8 and limber 11 are overkill. I just don't have enough time in the gym. But that one looks like something I could do.
Glad you like it. I'm sure it will help. Good luck, mate!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I've just recently started using ROMWOD and am liking it so far.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

grouchyjarhead wrote:I've just recently started using ROMWOD and am liking it so far.
I just stopped using it due to time and cash. I really miss it.
It is definitely worth the cash and the investment. I followed it for nearly a year almost daily and definitely noticed an improvement.
I really like the hip mobility and had some drastic improvements at roughly 3 months.

if you commit you will get a lot out of it.