Joel Jamieson new article

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Conor78

Joel Jamieson new article

Post by Conor78 »

Barkadion

Re: Joel Jamieson new article

Post by Barkadion »

Long narrative article. Good read. I feel sorry for author's mom. But.. it seems to be pushing crossfit and BioForce above all. 80/20 is kinda common approach: https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Running-St ... B00IIVFAEY

But other than that and quitting coffee... I didn't get much out of the article..

May I ask you what would be practical application in TB training based on this article?

I might missed something, of course.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

I suppose I'm at the stage of my "awakening" regarding LSS and integrating it back into my training. I read Joel's book quite some time ago to be honest I found it hard going. I haven't tried to apply any of his material to TB, just using TB as written. I had spent a long buying the idea that LSS was bad for you, yet I knew I always felt "fitter" when I did it. A Read was the clincher though. He has totally changed my thinking around this along with TB and KB. I'm on a year hiatus form reading any other fitness books as I don't want to be distracted....might make an exception for Dan John's new book though... oh and coffee is non negotiable....

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Conor78 wrote:I suppose I'm at the stage of my "awakening" regarding LSS and integrating it back into my training. I read Joel's book quite some time ago to be honest I found it hard going. I haven't tried to apply any of his material to TB, just using TB as written. I had spent a long buying the idea that LSS was bad for you, yet I knew I always felt "fitter" when I did it. A Read was the clincher though. He has totally changed my thinking around this along with TB and KB. I'm on a year hiatus form reading any other fitness books as I don't want to be distracted....might make an exception for Dan John's new book though... oh and coffee is non negotiable....
Oh..I see. I did feel "reborn" in a way after doing BB.. So I hear you. I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, so don't take it in a wrong way. Actually, I feel bad that I can't really keep consistent long runs with my Black. It really kills my recovery. But next year BB is getting closer every day :)

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

:D No worries...definitely have changed my approach in the last 4 months and feel much better for it.. I had been training hard most of 2016 and was really tempted to skip BB but I'm really glad I didn't... prob move to black after it...
Always had a nagging doubt about the anti LSS movement and I have overloaded on HITT in the past and felt like crap..just good to see a respected figure like JJ backing up what TB is all about..good luck with your training in the months ahead

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Conor78 wrote: A Read was the clincher though. He has totally changed my thinking around this along with TB and KB. I'm on a year hiatus form reading any other fitness books as I don't want to be distracted....might make an exception for Dan John's new book though... oh and coffee is non negotiable....
Great call mate......... one of the best things I ever did was give up reading Mens Heath type magazines about 5 years ago...... fundamentals / principles are the key.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

Men's fitness magazines= the dark side of the moon

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Conor78 wrote:Men's fitness magazines= the dark side of the moon
I can see that you dig Pink Floyd, mate :lol:

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

Sure do :D :D :D :D

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

Good article, JJ always delivers....and his own program seems to fall in line with Black, "2 HIIT per week". I don't think I'll ever be able to drop the caffeine though. The 3 times I tried ended in utter failure.