Sleep

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Sleep

Post by Barkadion »

It is quite amazing what good sleep can do to the training. And I mean reasonable amount of it, nothing crazy. I was able to get good 7-8 hours of sleep for 2 days due to the holidays. Guess what ..

My workouts are smooth and enjoyable with good forms for the lifts. Recovery isn't a problem and I feel much much much better.

Unbelievable..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

lennarn

Re: Sleep

Post by lennarn »

Guess what.

After two days of sub-par sleep my workouts felt like slogging through syrupy shit. Add one night's decent sleep and I'm walking out of the gym energized again. Like magic.

Adski

Post by Adski »

I've had it work in different ways, if lack of sleep for weeks drags on it sometimes hits me a bit but I've had other times where on say 5 or 6 hrs sleep and sessions have been better than other times where I've had plenty of sleep. I think it all varies from person to person. For example, I remember reading Michael Jordan's book, and it talks about how even at the height of his career he would function fine on 4-6 hrs sleep most of the time.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:I've had it work in different ways, if lack of sleep for weeks drags on it sometimes hits me a bit but I've had other times where on say 5 or 6 hrs sleep and sessions have been better than other times where I've had plenty of sleep. I think it all varies from person to person. For example, I remember reading Michael Jordan's book, and it talks about how even at the height of his career he would function fine on 4-6 hrs sleep most of the time.
It might sound stupid but.. I simply eat more if I sleep less. Works well sometimes.. :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Nice, I find I'm a bit sluggish if I try to eat more on the sleep deprived days, well at least more carb dense foods anyways like sweet potatoes, I'll stick more to greens and other veggies, that usually keeps me all good to go.