Running operator I/A with 2 days in between max strength training...

MxS/SE/HIC/E
cws1992

Running operator I/A with 2 days in between max strength training...

Post by cws1992 »

So just like the title says im currently running Operator I/A with 2 days in between my maximal strength training days. It says to do conditioning or recovery on those 2 days. Can you run 2 HIC days in between the strength training days given you sleep well and eat enough? I did meat eater 2 yesterday, and today i was gonna do meat eater. Wonder if this is okay or would be detrimental

J-Madd

Re: Running operator I/A with 2 days in between max strength training...

Post by J-Madd »

I wouldn't make a habit of doing HIC on consecutive days.

K.B.
Site Admin

Re: Running operator I/A with 2 days in between max strength training...

Post by K.B. »

J-Madd's correct, be cautious in your approach. That being said it's still acceptable in many cases.

Individual work capacity at any given time varies greatly across the board. Some of the factors to consider;

- other activities and stressors in your life
- sleep/food (as you've mentioned)
- long term planning
- type of HIC
- intensity of current weekly strength loads
- Strength cluster

Running Apex Hills full throttle with the Beast on consecutive days for 6 months straight is probably not going to end well. But running Apex one day, and something like Heavy Bag resets the next isn't going to be an issue for most. Or, do full Meateater on day 1, and do just half the rounds/half the intensity on day 2.

Also, don't set your schedule in stone. Some weeks do 2 HICs in a row, others take a day (or even 2) off. Wave your workload over time. That's the crux of the I/A approach - you should generally be doing I/A if you're experienced enough to know when to push forward and when to pull back.