Repeating a week?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
PeterHealey

Repeating a week?

Post by PeterHealey »

Hi all. Heading out of town at the end of next week so will not be able to complete a full week of Op 95%. Currently on 85% week. I was thinking of repeating an 85% week next week Mon and Wed and then returning for a full week of 95% the following week. Any problem with this?
Pete

WallBilly

Re: Repeating a week?

Post by WallBilly »

It's a good plan, and I've used it a few times when life got in the way of training.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Your plan is fine.

Here's something a bit different that I recently recommended to someone who had a botched 85% OP week:

Day 1: 85% 3-5 x 3
Day 2: 85% 1-2 x 2-3, 95% 1-2 x 2
Day 3: 95% 3-4 x 1-2

That worked well for him, and he went on to have a great test the following week. If you aren't feeling the love on Day 2, just stick with 85%.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:Your plan is fine.

Here's something a bit different that I recently recommended to someone who had a botched 85% OP week:

Day 1: 85% 3-5 x 3
Day 2: 85% 1-2 x 2-3, 95% 1-2 x 2
Day 3: 95% 3-4 x 1-2

That worked well for him, and he went on to have a great test the following week. If you aren't feeling the love on Day 2, just stick with 85%.
I've done this. Worked out fine.

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

I just read your question a little more carefully. Early-onset Alzheimer's is a real drag . . . . :D

If I read it correctly the second time, you are going to get in two 95% workouts next week, then miss your third. My original answer was assuming that you would miss the entire week.

If that were me, I'd call it "good." Missing only the last 95% operator workout is going to have a negligible effect on your progress, and you'll probably even feel pretty darned good the following Monday due to the extra rest.

I'd move on, either to the next block or to Test Day.

If I miss an entire week, or 2/3 workouts in a week, then I like to repeat the week, or do what J-Madd suggests. If I just miss one, heck, it's just a Fighter week thrown in once in a while to an Operator plan, no biggie.

PeterHealey

Post by PeterHealey »

Thanks guys,

I know in the big scheme of things it's a luxury problem but just thinking out loud. Thanks for the input. I think I will go for 95% for 2 workouts next week and resume the following week with 70% for another 6 week block at the same #'s.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I misread the question too. I thought you were missing some days in the 85% week. Sorry 'bout that!

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

J-Madd wrote:I misread the question too. I thought you were missing some days in the 85% week. Sorry 'bout that!
Do we need to start an "early-onset Alzheimer's" thread for the "After 40 club"? :lol:

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

WallBilly wrote:
J-Madd wrote:I misread the question too. I thought you were missing some days in the 85% week. Sorry 'bout that!
Do we need to start an "early-onset Alzheimer's" thread for the "After 40 club"? :lol:
I think it's implicit in "After 40 Club."