why do i start to sweat profusely?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
qitiancong

why do i start to sweat profusely?

Post by qitiancong »

Long story short, I am a grunt in an infantry unit. Iv put on a bit of muscle compared to 2 years ago( around 10kg), but i realised that i m starting to sweat too much, especially during ruck marches and loaded runs. i didnt sweat this much when i was lighter .heat dissipation is becoming a pain in the ass because the country i serve is a tropical country

is it because of the extra muscle mass? or certain supplements that im taking
im currently taking:
multi v-animal pak
bcaa-xtend
protein-on whey
joint protection-animal flex
test booster-animal test
ZMA

Tyr0331

Re: why do i start to sweat profusely?

Post by Tyr0331 »

Could be a number of different things but we know that sweating is a natural cooling mechanism our body uses when we are too hot. When I was in the infantry, if I was going for any kind of ruck run/march(usually every Friday) I made sure to keep my system clean of supplements for atleast 48 hours prior and ate real whole foods and hydrated constantly. Those supplements won't do much for you on a ruck anyways. Some guys just sweat more but if you feel that you are having a harder time rucking I would change up your programming to more endurance based and keep your hydration levels in check, especially if you are in a tropical climate
Last edited by Tyr0331 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

It could be any number of things.

Possibly this;
Add up the zinc from your test booster, ZMA, and multi. What's the total?
Zinc has pro-thyroid affects, overdoing it could cause excessive sweating. Also check the iodine content in all your supps.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

This might not be due to greater mass, but because your improved aerobic system (specifically right ventricular adaptations) is working harder / more efficiently?

I noticed that when I regularly do HIIT training, I sweat at the drop of a hat. Doesn't matter if I'm in an air-conditioned room, anything that elevates my heart rate can set of a bout of sweating. It'll be rather light sweats, but still sweats nonetheless. I can tell the difference pre-post TB2 - because I could usually wear my jeans for 2 ~ 3 days in a row. After TB2, I can feel my jeans getting a little grubby after day 1.