SE Focused block

MxS/SE/HIC/E
fazer681

SE Focused block

Post by fazer681 »

Hey guys, tried to search for more detailed info, but did not find anything. so here goes.

It has been roughly 6 months since i started with TB; I have gone through my first 8 weeks of BB followed by one solid block of Fighter Black, one half completed block (due to injury), and now I am about 3 weeks away from finishing up my full 2nd Block of Fighter Black.

concurrently, I have also been following a nutrition program. I will be starting a fat loss nutrition phaseat just about the same time I will be ending my current training block, and was considering doing SE to help with my fat loss.

With that said, I plan to do a 6 week SE block using both Alpha and Bravo protocols.

I went back and read through TBII and TB 3rd ed. about doing an SE focused block of 3-6 weeks, but did not see it mentioned if we should focus solely on SE, or if we should (could) add other things (HIC,E,MS), on the days between SE workouts.

So, my question is, because it is an SE focused block, should I just do SE 3x a week and use the other days, as rest days?
Should I follow something closer along the lines of BB (SE, with E interspersed between)?
OR
Should i keep doing Fighter Black, with more of an SE emphasis instead of HICs?

just curious what others have done, and what has worked for them.

Aelian

Re: SE Focused block

Post by Aelian »

It helps if you think of it in terms of "strength" and "conditioning".

Strength qualities= MS, SE (Fighter, Op, SE only)
Conditioning or cardio = E/HIC (Green/Black)

You can pair SE with either E or HIC, Green or Black, just exercise a little judgement when picking your HICs. I'd recommend staying away from GC bodyweight-intensive HICs that clash with SE.