HIC Options/Suggestions

MxS/SE/HIC/E
KShea

HIC Options/Suggestions

Post by KShea »

The book has 15 great HIC options... What I'm looking for here are some additional ones that you all like/use...

I'm looking for more roadwork type stuff with no equipment and stuff with jump rope. But I'm open to hearing any and all HIC options.

Thanks ahead of time!

Barkadion

Re: HIC Options/Suggestions

Post by Barkadion »

You can google "Fartlek running" and/or look into Ross E. books..

Personally, I found that I can get plenty of different modes/varieties just by being creative with TB material.. Just imho...
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

KShea

Post by KShea »

Barkadion wrote:You can google "Fartlek running" and/or look into Ross E. books..

Personally, I found that I can get plenty of different modes/varieties just by being creative with TB material.. Just imho...
I have a ton of ideas... I was kind of just looking to see what other TBers are doing. I've seen some creative stuff happening...

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

KShea wrote:
Barkadion wrote:You can google "Fartlek running" and/or look into Ross E. books..

I have a ton of ideas... I was kind of just looking to see what other TBers are doing. I've seen some creative stuff happening...
I'm in the same boat, there's so many ways to tweak and run the HICs & GCs that I rarely stray. But when I do shake it up a little my go-to is Ross Enamait's Magic 50 and his numbered GPP workouts in Infinite Intensity. Everyone should experience the Magic 50 at least once!

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

I like making up my own Fobbits;

10-20 minutes intense pace = HIC
30 minutes or more with a slow relaxed interval = E

I'm assuming you guys have seen these.....:

http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/fobbits- ... ng-part-i/

http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/fobbits-part-ii/

KShea

Post by KShea »

StayGrey wrote:
I'm in the same boat, there's so many ways to tweak and run the HICs & GCs that I rarely stray. But when I do shake it up a little my go-to is Ross Enamait's Magic 50 and his numbered GPP workouts in Infinite Intensity. Everyone should experience the Magic 50 at least once!
How is the book?

I'm doing TB with more interest in max strength than conditioning, but I like to have a good conditioning base and have enjoyed Op + Black so far... I'm running it with the idea that I do 1 long E, 1 moderate E (like a 5k at around 85-90%) and 1 HIC a week. Would the book fit that kind of training regimen?

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

I've been doing a lot of 400m repeats and 200m repeats to work on my speed. You could always do something like that but instead of a full rest between reps you could do light jump roping

KShea

Post by KShea »

http://swoleateveryheight.blogspot.com/ ... y.html?m=1

Has anyone tried doing their conditioning like the way he prescribes?

I mean... in a nutshell it seems pretty similar to TB’s methods, just spelled out differently.

Thinking about doing this twice a week in my next 6-Week TB cycle until I get through the whole thing, then add another day.

The third day, for now, would be a run... 5k, 3 mile, LSS...

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

KShea wrote:http://swoleateveryheight.blogspot.com/ ... y.html?m=1

Has anyone tried doing their conditioning like the way he prescribes?

I mean... in a nutshell it seems pretty similar to TB’s methods, just spelled out differently.

Thinking about doing this twice a week in my next 6-Week TB cycle until I get through the whole thing, then add another day.

The third day, for now, would be a run... 5k, 3 mile, LSS...
Cody is cool. He is well rounded athlete and he has a great community.. Great personality on top of that!
Good luck! I will be reading your log with interest!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

One of my all time favorites comes from Ross Enamait,
12 burpees
24 Push Ups
36 squats
400m Run
4 rds for time

Ross’s books are great to get ideas from and build on your own, you could do the same with TB, use a protocol, so say you’re doing hill Sprints, you could perform burpees at the bottom followed by swings at the top.
You could turn boo II into shorter or longer runs, use sledgehammer swings instead of burpees, imagination combined with what you’re looking to achieve is the limit really.