DeAndre Hopkins "Secret" to Durability

MxS/SE/HIC/E
JJSwatt99

DeAndre Hopkins "Secret" to Durability

Post by JJSwatt99 »

I just heard an interview with DeAndre Hopkins that immediately brought TB to mind. I live near Houston so I'm a Texans fan. On the local news the other day a local reporter was interviewing DeAndre Hopkins and asked him how he was so durable and how he had so much energy in the fourth quarter. DeAndre immediately credited his durability and stamina to his daily 5 mile runs in the off season. DeAndre further explained it's something he's always done and he feels it gives him an edge over almost every other receiver that focuses on explosive training year around.

StayGrey

Re: DeAndre Hopkins "Secret" to Durability

Post by StayGrey »

JJSwatt99 wrote:I just heard an interview with DeAndre Hopkins that immediately brought TB to mind. I live near Houston so I'm a Texans fan. On the local news the other day a local reporter was interviewing DeAndre Hopkins and asked him how he was so durable and how he had so much energy in the fourth quarter. DeAndre immediately credited his durability and stamina to his daily 5 mile runs in the off season. DeAndre further explained it's something he's always done and he feels it gives him an edge over almost every other receiver that focuses on explosive training year around.
Good find. I'm noticing more and more that a lot of elite champs had some sort of simple roadwork/E component to their training; Tyson, Demetrious Johnson, Mayweather... The great Muhammad Ali himself would run 3-5 miles 3-5 times a week when preparing for a fight.

In hindsight when you understand how the aerobic system works and what it does for you, it seems really stupid to neglect it in favor of nothing but HIIT.

spemma

Post by spemma »

i think this may have been posted before elsewhere here, but again:

"According to Bisping, the solution to Conor McGregor’s repeated cardio trouble is simple:

“It ain’t anything to do with the pace [of the fight]. It’s very, very simply. You know what it is? If you look at the social media, he’s there and he looks great. You’ve got The Mac Life, you’ve got the [UFC] Performance Institute, he’s doing this exercise bag with nine or ten people around him going ‘come on Conor, whoa, yeah, you’re the f*cking man, woo!’ Going great. That’s awesome, that’s great, but that doesn’t get you in shape for a fight. You know what you didn’t see? It was him out on the streets running. Running! You’ve got to run! That is the best thing ever for cardio. That is the best thing ever for a fight. MMA or boxing, you have to run. But of course, nobody likes to run. Running’s a pain in the a**, running sucks. Running is lonely […] But you’ve got to run. I don’t know, maybe he did run, but from what I’ve seen on social media, I didn’t see him out there doing any running.”"

i've heard Bisping's resting heart rate is in the 40's.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/conor-mc ... o-problem/

BlackPyjamas

Post by BlackPyjamas »

spemma wrote:i think this may have been posted before elsewhere here, but again:

"According to Bisping, the solution to Conor McGregor’s repeated cardio trouble is simple:

“It ain’t anything to do with the pace [of the fight]. It’s very, very simply. You know what it is? If you look at the social media, he’s there and he looks great. You’ve got The Mac Life, you’ve got the [UFC] Performance Institute, he’s doing this exercise bag with nine or ten people around him going ‘come on Conor, whoa, yeah, you’re the f*cking man, woo!’ Going great. That’s awesome, that’s great, but that doesn’t get you in shape for a fight. You know what you didn’t see? It was him out on the streets running. Running! You’ve got to run! That is the best thing ever for cardio. That is the best thing ever for a fight. MMA or boxing, you have to run. But of course, nobody likes to run. Running’s a pain in the a**, running sucks. Running is lonely […] But you’ve got to run. I don’t know, maybe he did run, but from what I’ve seen on social media, I didn’t see him out there doing any running.”"

i've heard Bisping's resting heart rate is in the 40's.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/conor-mc ... o-problem/

This is exactly what went through my mind when I saw Conor running on that submerged treadmill thing when preparing for MayMac. I wanted to say just get out on the road and run dude.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Tactical barbells aerobic teachings came to my mind when i saw Conor gassed out around 6-7th round ...Roadwork is goddamn important thanks for the reminder.