space_corps_now astronaut training

SPACE_CORPS_NOW

Re: space_corps_now astronaut training

Post by SPACE_CORPS_NOW »

"Where has space_corps_now been?" you probably haven't been asking. Well, let's just say an OS PCS was more destructive to my routines than I expected it to be. I've been training, off and on, but I just straight up forgot about posting logs. Anyway, I kind of have a routine now, or at least a plan for one, so I'm going to try to remember to be as consistent posting about it as I was...

First off, I have a new goal for this year: I am going to compete in and finish a full Ironman Triathlon by the end of 2018. I need you to help hold me accountable when the workload ramps up around here from time to time.

Second, I am a bike commuter now. That means I get roughly one and a quarter hours of cardio (mostly LSS style with occasional bursts of speed work and some adrenaline rushes biking through traffic) before and after work 5 days a week.

Third, I am going to try to keep up some semblance of BJJ training. I checked out a gym here and I plan to try to get in 3 nights a week with minimal rolling, maybe just Friday nights or something.

All that said, I think I'm going to be switching to a 2 day a week fighter program for lifting. DL, WPU, and OHP I think. I'll have to see how my shoulder responds to OHP. I might have to switch in something else like dips or pushups.

Anyway, sorry I left you guys for so long. I hope you missed me a lot.

Log for today:
4 mile LSS run 40 min
8.2 mile road race run, took it pretty easy since I signed up the day before and just wanted something to do on President's Day, and ran it in 57:51 (7:04/mile) which I guess was fast enough for 24th in my age group.

Notes: I definitely need to start running more than once a week again. My cardio was great thanks to all the bicycling, but my legs weren't used to running so I was feeling it in my legs towards the end even though I never even started to feel it in my lungs. I've signed up for a few races so expect more race logs over the coming months.
CelticFrost91 wrote:5 miles in 29 min? Awesome job!
Thanks!

Barkadion

Re: space_corps_now astronaut training

Post by Barkadion »

SPACE_CORPS_NOW wrote:"Where has space_corps_now been?" you probably haven't been asking. Well, let's just say an OS PCS was more destructive to my routines than I expected it to be. I've been training, off and on, but I just straight up forgot about posting logs. Anyway, I kind of have a routine now, or at least a plan for one, so I'm going to try to remember to be as consistent posting about it as I was...

First off, I have a new goal for this year: I am going to compete in and finish a full Ironman Triathlon by the end of 2018. I need you to help hold me accountable when the workload ramps up around here from time to time.

Second, I am a bike commuter now. That means I get roughly one and a quarter hours of cardio (mostly LSS style with occasional bursts of speed work and some adrenaline rushes biking through traffic) before and after work 5 days a week.

Third, I am going to try to keep up some semblance of BJJ training. I checked out a gym here and I plan to try to get in 3 nights a week with minimal rolling, maybe just Friday nights or something.

All that said, I think I'm going to be switching to a 2 day a week fighter program for lifting. DL, WPU, and OHP I think. I'll have to see how my shoulder responds to OHP. I might have to switch in something else like dips or pushups.

Anyway, sorry I left you guys for so long. I hope you missed me a lot.

Log for today:
4 mile LSS run 40 min
8.2 mile road race run, took it pretty easy since I signed up the day before and just wanted something to do on President's Day, and ran it in 57:51 (7:04/mile) which I guess was fast enough for 24th in my age group.

Notes: I definitely need to start running more than once a week again. My cardio was great thanks to all the bicycling, but my legs weren't used to running so I was feeling it in my legs towards the end even though I never even started to feel it in my lungs. I've signed up for a few races so expect more race logs over the coming months.
CelticFrost91 wrote:5 miles in 29 min? Awesome job!
Thanks!
Hella lotta goals, mate! Good luck and welcome back!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky