Fat Moz's training log

Moz69

Fat Moz's training log

Post by Moz69 »

Well 46 and getting back into training after time off due to laziness and real ale, was in the forces many moons ago and looking to join back up in the reserves, infantry previously and looking at the medic side now. Range of sports in previous years and have been reasonably strong and fit at different times in the past but only ever came together when I did crossfit over ten years ago.

Well so far into second BB session after finishing first one early due to motorcycle accident, did a 6 week operator block and had two week gap before I went on hols for two weeks so figured would do another BB (well a four week one) as I felt I needed more work on my aerobic side. Didn't restart my first BB due to concussion problems but felt I could manage steady weight sessions.

6 week Block
Operator SQ/Floor Press/WPU/DL

Initial weights were done with just walking up to the bar with no warm ups and seeing how the weights felt, have a few problems with knees, hip and shoulder so wanted to use this block as a bedding in process as I am now thinking long term goals, thanks TB

Floor Press 80kgx2
Squat 80kgx2
DL 95kg x 3
WPU 20kg x2

At the end felt pretty solid on all the lifts apart from weighted pull ups; next block will do as prescribed and do WPU twice per week with DL once, and add clean and press
When I felt well enough went introduced HiC mainaly Hill running (working towards apex) and 3.5 mile sandbag runs.
Overall definately felt fitter and stronger, I did not test my one rep max this is something I will do when I restart Operator in 3 weeks when back from Hols, this may sound a bit strange but I was more than happy with how I felt. Something TB has given me is to think long term and as long as I am doing something I know I am progressing.

Into second week of my 4 week BB the first week consisted off speed walking on a treadmill, now i never thought i'd be doing that a few years ago :lol: attached to a HR monitor, speeds gone up from 4.9 to average 5.5-5.6. Did this 5 times last week with SE PU/Dips/thrusters and for stomach a pilates move.
The back end of last week thanks to j-madds Apex article started using SS and loving it. Sunday finished with 5.5 run on a beach slow and steady.

This week pretty much the same until holiday on Saturday when I will be swimming for an hour each day and doing whatever I can SE wise, as you can tell wont be a purist routine while away but it will all be working towards the same goal.
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Re: Fat Moz's training log

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Good man. Concussion can be a shit, that's for sure.

Enjoy your holiday........ and long term thinking is definitely a great way to be....... more about health and being able to function as a quality human being these days for me rather than numbers on a screen/paper [although I am a fan of lifting heavy things, i must admit. :roll: ]
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Anther 46-er here. Good luck to your TB journey! I love to be able to still push it :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Cheers for the support fella's. Need to start a 46ers club Bark if we get anymore

Yesterdays was SEx3 @ 20 reps
CHIN UPS
THRUSTERS
RING DIPS
STOMACH

FOLLOWED BY S&S

First set
24kg double
24kg double
24kg 5l 5r
24kg 5l 5r
24kg 5l 5r

Get ups
16kg, 16kg 16kg 24kg 16kg

Today

30 mins on treadmill incline walk with heart rate around the 134bp mark. speed went up to 5.8 almost all the way through
The S&S felt a bit Ropey but that could be from night shifts.

24kg double
24 5l 5r
24 5l 5r
24 5l 5r
24 5l 5r

Get ups
2 sets of 16kg left shoulder felt ropey so ran through some drills to grease the groove
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I'll be 43 soon. Is that too young for this 46 club? In any event, good luck Moz and stay the course!

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

J-Madd wrote:I'll be 43 soon. Is that too young for this 46 club? In any event, good luck Moz and stay the course!

Not at all J-Madd I'm sure we can bend the rules for a man of your quality :)
And into my the final year of studying so course nearly done.

Well listened to the body, these recent night shifts have messed my recovery so enforced rest day.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Mobility first then se 2x20

Chin ups
Thrusters 30kg
Ring dips
Stomach

Followed by S&S

24kg

10 double
5l 5r X 4

Get ups
16kgx3
24kgx 2

Overall felt better than the other day, need to warm up more before SE's prob go on crosstrainer for 10 mins before as second set always feels easier

Last one before hols Saturday.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

First day on hols.

Swimming slow and steady approx 40 mins breast stroke.

Threw in some swimming sprints front crawl. Normall only able to swim for 30m max using this stroke last time was earlier this year as I only swim when on holiday. This time easily did approx 100m and this was after LSS breast stroke. Observable and measurable improvement since starting TB.
Afterwards 20 mins ashtanga yoga, use the p90x training vid.

The hotel is on a fair old hill around 3/4mile to the bottom, will be doing this in the morning.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Moz69 wrote:First day on hols.

Swimming slow and steady approx 40 mins breast stroke.

Threw in some swimming sprints front crawl. Normall only able to swim for 30m max using this stroke last time was earlier this year as I only swim when on holiday. This time easily did approx 100m and this was after LSS breast stroke. Observable and measurable improvement since starting TB.
Afterwards 20 mins ashtanga yoga, use the p90x training vid.

The hotel is on a fair old hill around 3/4mile to the bottom, will be doing this in the morning.
Haha, I am guilty of doing P90x at some point of my life. It introduced me to yoga, anyway. P90x2 yoga is much better, though.
I do recommend David Swenson Ashtanga Short Forms:

https://www.amazon.com/SHORT-FORMS-Prac ... hort+forms

It has 15min, 30min, and 45min sessions as well as relaxation meditation-type 10min drill. Fast moving sweaty short workouts. He also explains the breathing and advanced/basic versions of the poses. I did save my hip once..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Day two holiday training

Ran the hill today according to map my run it was from 279ft to see level and back again. Legs were good but suffered with the heat

Afterwards swimming as per yesterday.

Subjectively I'm feeling stronger and fitter