Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181125:
Strength training. Same set up and weights as the 22nd. A few sets of ab wheel rollouts and some ROMWOD tonight.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181126:
Big hill sprints. 3 sets again, but better than last time. Cough is still hanging in there. Mondays have apparently become my busiest day - the boys train hard at the MMA gym with one training in MMA, the other boxing right after, and sometimes they do both. They are studs.

20181127:
Strength training, third workout with same weights and reps. Bumping up next time. Ab wheel rollouts and ROMWOD later on before Cub Scout shenanigans tonight.

Today is the day my former Kyokushinkai instructor is being laid to rest. Heck of a guy, he will be missed.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181128:
3 mile ruck, roughly 30 pounds, just over 47 minutes. Recon Ron, planks, and stretching tonight.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181129:
Sprints up The Hill. 3 good ones, so aiming for 4 next week. No boxing again – this time due to dentist appointments and helping with some folks from church.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181201:
One year older today but still in the fight. Let's just say I'm a lot closer to disco than I'd like to admit.

5 mile run, 58:17. Thanks to the last Base Building block, I have discovered I like running again. Now I've got the bug to try some half-marathons next year and possibly a 20 miler this time next year. For the first time I've run 5 miles in a long time, I'm pretty happy being under an hour. Going to stick with 5 miles for a while.

Pull-ups, planks, and ROMWOD here shortly. Tonight - lots of delicious Hungarian food at a local place I've been dying to go to.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20181201:
One year older today but still in the fight. Let's just say I'm a lot closer to disco than I'd like to admit.

5 mile run, 58:17. Thanks to the last Base Building block, I have discovered I like running again. Now I've got the bug to try some half-marathons next year and possibly a 20 miler this time next year. For the first time I've run 5 miles in a long time, I'm pretty happy being under an hour. Going to stick with 5 miles for a while.

Pull-ups, planks, and ROMWOD here shortly. Tonight - lots of delicious Hungarian food at a local place I've been dying to go to.
Happy grouchy day, mate!! Keep it up :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Post by Likes »

Happy birthday!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Barkadion wrote:Happy grouchy day, mate!! Keep it up :D
Likes wrote:Happy birthday!
Thanks gents! Spent a nice quiet day with the family then ate like a king, washed it down with a Karlovacko, and had an early bedtime. Can't get any better than that!

20181202:
Strength training.
**One Arm Press, 18kg - 3x5 each arm
**Front Squats, 2x18kg - 3x5
**2H Swings, 26kg - 5x10
**Recon Ron Pull-Ups - 5 sets of Step 4.
**Static Hold, 2x50# - 45 seconds.

Short family hike this afternoon, then in the evening some rollouts and ROMWOD. EDIT: Hike ended up being a 3 mile ruck, 30# ruck, in 1:11. Because of that, decided to pass on the hill sprints on the 3rd and just aim for a fun boxing session if possible.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20181204:
Strength training. 18kg for presses and squats, 26kg for swings - same as before. Bit rushed so I did a static power hang on the pull-up bar for time and will knock out my pull-ups and ab wheel rollouts later in between my family obligations.

Wife and I finally ironed out the events we'd like to do next year. A lot of them together, some separate (mostly the GORUCK events as they hold them over multiple days so I am doing one and she is doing the other). These are our "date nights" if you can believe that.

I'm looking at 6 GORUCK events (one Heavy, four Toughs, and one Light) and 4 running events (half marathon, two OCRs with this new organization called War-X, and a 20 miler). I may have a problem...

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20181204:
Strength training. 18kg for presses and squats, 26kg for swings - same as before. Bit rushed so I did a static power hang on the pull-up bar for time and will knock out my pull-ups and ab wheel rollouts later in between my family obligations.

Wife and I finally ironed out the events we'd like to do next year. A lot of them together, some separate (mostly the GORUCK events as they hold them over multiple days so I am doing one and she is doing the other). These are our "date nights" if you can believe that.

I'm looking at 6 GORUCK events (one Heavy, four Toughs, and one Light) and 4 running events (half marathon, two OCRs with this new organization called War-X, and a 20 miler). I may have a problem...
Seems very intense but fun!! Good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky