OH Press 205 4x1

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 2/7
Off

Friday 2/8
Off

End of block. Base building starts Saturday.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Thursday 2/7
Off

Friday 2/8
Off

End of block. Base building starts Saturday.

Good luck with BB!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thanks, Bark. I'm actually looking forward to it and hoping for some good results. When I first started TB and did BB (which was last mid-July to mid-September) I didn't get as much from it as I should have for a few reasons. I was in terrible cardio shape but also very muscular, so I didn't realize how bad my overall fitness situation was--especially by TB standards. Being 42 years old and 5'9, 250 lbs of mostly muscle, and trying to do regular jogging for the first time was extremely rough. I also kept lifting while doing the cardio base building, thinking I was more fit/ready/etc. than I actually was. But, I made a ton of progress on my aerobic levels in those two months and thought, in mid-September, that I was now "fit." And then I started doing the HICs from TB2 and learned otherwise.

But now my aerobic fitness is much, much better than before TB (to compare, on Tuesday I did 60 minutes on the indoor rower and felt like I'd warmed up for a workout, while before TB I'd have felt winded and worn out after 15 minutes at the most). I'm also hoping/planning to drop some mass with all this E I'll be doing and all the heavy lifting I won't be doing (I gain muscle very easily, even, I swear, from GC 1). I'm optimistic that after this round of BB I can get those HIC 1-10 from "fatass struggles" to "regular struggles."

(This post ended up being much longer than anticipated.)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Thanks, Bark. I'm actually looking forward to it and hoping for some good results. When I first started TB and did BB (which was last mid-July to mid-September) I didn't get as much from it as I should have for a few reasons. I was in terrible cardio shape but also very muscular, so I didn't realize how bad my overall fitness situation was--especially by TB standards. Being 42 years old and 5'9, 250 lbs of mostly muscle, and trying to do regular jogging for the first time was extremely rough. I also kept lifting while doing the cardio base building, thinking I was more fit/ready/etc. than I actually was. But, I made a ton of progress on my aerobic levels in those two months and thought, in mid-September, that I was now "fit." And then I started doing the HICs from TB2 and learned otherwise.

But now my aerobic fitness is much, much better than before TB (to compare, on Tuesday I did 60 minutes on the indoor rower and felt like I'd warmed up for a workout, while before TB I'd have felt winded and worn out after 15 minutes at the most). I'm also hoping/planning to drop some mass with all this E I'll be doing and all the heavy lifting I won't be doing (I gain muscle very easily, even, I swear, from GC 1). I'm optimistic that after this round of BB I can get those HIC 1-10 from "fatass struggles" to "regular struggles."

(This post ended up being much longer than anticipated.)
All good!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Saturday 2/9
E session, 30 minutes on the rower
SE work, 3x20

Walker377

Post by Walker377 »

Good luck with the BB. I remember before starting TB I looked at BB and was nervous about not doing weights for so long but the big SE weeks killed me and had me retching. It’s deceiving!

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Walker377 wrote:Good luck with the BB. I remember before starting TB I looked at BB and was nervous about not doing weights for so long but the big SE weeks killed me and had me retching. It’s deceiving!
Thanks! And trust me, after today I am terrified about week 5.