Grouchyjarhead Training

Barkadion

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:20190615:
GORUCK Tough completed. 9pm to 9am, 17 miles, four PT stops, heavy sandbags throughout and some logs at the end for extra fun. Went home, coffee and a cold shower, and now camping with my boys on no sleep. Pray for me.
Wow! Cheers, mate!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

GORUCK Tough completed. 9pm to 9am, 17 miles, four PT stops, heavy sandbags throughout and some logs at the end for extra fun. Went home, coffee and a cold shower, and now camping with my boys on no sleep. Pray for me.
Nice work! I assume the kids understand not to be evil on days after like this?

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Amazing work there! Taking the kids camping afterwards sounds like a good way to decompress!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Thanks all. Now that I have a bit of time, I can recap it a bit.

There was about two dozen of us sharing seven different things to carry: four sandbags (60-70# apiece), two 5 gallon water jugs, and an American flag. I mostly rotated in with the sandbags throughout the event as some folks were having a rough go with them. We did a few miles to start off, then a PT circle where everyone led the group through a different PT exercise - flutter kicks, push ups, squats, eight count bodybuilders, you name it (I chose hello dollies/leg spreaders as mine). We then did a few more miles and then did a mini PT circuit - 30 sec on/30 sec off for a handful of different exercises for a bit. More miles under weight, then a group PT session with some river logs before finishing it out back to the start point. All throughout we learned a lot of details about the Battle of Ramadi and the heroism of the men there. The cadre who led the group was an Army Ranger during the Battle of Mogadishu and led a fantastic event.

Camping with the boys was great, best way to spend a Father's Day weekend.

20190616:
Light sandbag workout to taper, then a mile ruck with 30# to blow the stink off. Good little session before a special dinner. The boys know me well - coffee and chocolate.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Thanks all. Now that I have a bit of time, I can recap it a bit.

There was about two dozen of us sharing seven different things to carry: four sandbags (60-70# apiece), two 5 gallon water jugs, and an American flag. I mostly rotated in with the sandbags throughout the event as some folks were having a rough go with them. We did a few miles to start off, then a PT circle where everyone led the group through a different PT exercise - flutter kicks, push ups, squats, eight count bodybuilders, you name it (I chose hello dollies/leg spreaders as mine). We then did a few more miles and then did a mini PT circuit - 30 sec on/30 sec off for a handful of different exercises for a bit. More miles under weight, then a group PT session with some river logs before finishing it out back to the start point. All throughout we learned a lot of details about the Battle of Ramadi and the heroism of the men there. The cadre who led the group was an Army Ranger during the Battle of Mogadishu and led a fantastic event.

Camping with the boys was great, best way to spend a Father's Day weekend.

20190616:
Light sandbag workout to taper, then a mile ruck with 30# to blow the stink off. Good little session before a special dinner. The boys know me well - coffee and chocolate.
Sounds painfully awesome!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190618:
Sandbag + rucksack SE this morning, lower body focus. 1 mile with sandbag and ruck, just over 17 minutes.

In the evening, some sets of pull ups (18 total) and some planks and stretching.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190619:
Sandbag + ruck SE, upper body emphasis. 1 mile run in 9:06. In the evening, knocked out a few sets of pull-ups (12 total).

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190620:
3 mile run in 29:55 plus planks and stretching.

20190621:
Sandbag + ruck SE, core emphasis. 1 mile ruck with 45# sandbag and 30# ruck in 17:37. Pull ups, planks, and stretching after my son’s baseball game.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190622:
Sandbag + ruck AMRAP session then rucked 6 miles in 1:26:03.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20190624:
Slept poorly. Struggled through a sandbag + ruck SE circuit, core emphasis. Lots of burpees.

20190625:
Still not feeling great. 20 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill, probably some planks and stretching later on.