Fat Moz's training log

Moz69

Re: Fat Moz's training log

Post by Moz69 »

Barkadion wrote:
Moz69 wrote:First day on hols.

Swimming slow and steady approx 40 mins breast stroke.

Threw in some swimming sprints front crawl. Normall only able to swim for 30m max using this stroke last time was earlier this year as I only swim when on holiday. This time easily did approx 100m and this was after LSS breast stroke. Observable and measurable improvement since starting TB.
Afterwards 20 mins ashtanga yoga, use the p90x training vid.

The hotel is on a fair old hill around 3/4mile to the bottom, will be doing this in the morning.
Haha, I am guilty of doing P90x at some point of my life. It introduced me to yoga, anyway. P90x2 yoga is much better, though.
I do recommend David Swenson Ashtanga Short Forms:

https://www.amazon.com/SHORT-FORMS-Prac ... hort+forms

It has 15min, 30min, and 45min sessions as well as relaxation meditation-type 10min drill. Fast moving sweaty short workouts. He also explains the breathing and advanced/basic versions of the poses. I did save my hip once..

Cheers Bark. I have come across them in the past think I might revisit them
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Day 3 holiday routine.

45 mins continual swimming in the local harbour, mainly breaststroke however front crawl coming on strong

Tommorrow that bitch of a hill again
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Well holiday over, training went a bit Pete Tong, to much wine raki and sun now back and 6 pounds heavier.

Positives to take away, definitely felt a lot fitter swimming than in April when I was away and the hills runs my legs at frst felt great in the first week, and the only time I do swim is on holiday. I also had time to digest S&S and realized my KB swings and TGU need work so going back to basics.

Yesterday tested one rep maxes for my next operator block.

FP 101kg was 85kg could have gone slightly heavier but Lshoulder still niggling
FQ 74 did BQ before so cant compare only it felt good and solid with elbows high good posture
WPU 7.5kg did chins before
CP 62kg not done last block and haven't done for a while.
DL 130kg was approx 100kg hip pain had gone posterior chain felt solid chuffed about the huge increase

This OP block doing
FP
FQ
CP
WPU for two days then third day DL

After each strength session doing S&S working on proper form.

HiC this block will be incorporating bag work, basic hill sprints, GC mainly ring dips n burpees and if I can some track work. Going to do hard two weeks HiC maybe 3-4 then on third week concentrate on mobility drills, yoga for a week, rinse and repeat.

Today did light stretches and warm up before working on full back bridge

Heavy Bag resets 5x90 secs with 3 min rest
Lasted a lot longer than I thought I would before drunken monkey style kicked in.

Started Pavels abs routine see how it goes.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Glad you had a great holiday, matey..... haven't heard that expression 'Pete Tong' outside of the family.... made me smile

Look forward to seeing how this develops.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Moz69 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Moz69 wrote:First day on hols.

Swimming slow and steady approx 40 mins breast stroke.

Threw in some swimming sprints front crawl. Normall only able to swim for 30m max using this stroke last time was earlier this year as I only swim when on holiday. This time easily did approx 100m and this was after LSS breast stroke. Observable and measurable improvement since starting TB.
Afterwards 20 mins ashtanga yoga, use the p90x training vid.

The hotel is on a fair old hill around 3/4mile to the bottom, will be doing this in the morning.
Haha, I am guilty of doing P90x at some point of my life. It introduced me to yoga, anyway. P90x2 yoga is much better, though.
I do recommend David Swenson Ashtanga Short Forms:

https://www.amazon.com/SHORT-FORMS-Prac ... hort+forms

It has 15min, 30min, and 45min sessions as well as relaxation meditation-type 10min drill. Fast moving sweaty short workouts. He also explains the breathing and advanced/basic versions of the poses. I did save my hip once..

Cheers Bark. I have come across them in the past think I might revisit them
You won't regret! Cheers :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Well think Pete Tong was doing a session at my place, accident when working on my bike left me with two inch cut below my thumb, one below my eye that led to an eye infection.. training went out the window that week.

Following week managed to finish 1 st week of operator with minimal cardio due to injuries and cuts opening up so started back into jump rope work.

Now into second week and things getting better.

2 sessions of week two operator down and feeling good,

HiC 1 Far bag work 90 secs 3 mins rest... was totally wasted 30 secs into first round compared to last time it was very poor, not sure if breathing went out the window or not over a spate of night shifts so lack of sleep

Hic rope work 60 secs on 30 off for 5 the 30 secs on 15 secs rest for 5 one of Ross's sprinting all the way

HiC GC Burpees
3 mins did 30
2 mins did 29 (i know doesn't make sense probably breathing issues)
1 min 19

Not a great score but my burpees are full press up (yoga press up csoe to body), then explode from the bottom of the press up jumping my legs up into a bottom squat then jumping, core tight as possible all the way through.

All routines are done with 5 mins skipping practicing different jumps followed by deep squats, back bridges and shoulder mobilization.

This week 2 sessions of S&S @ 24kg swings 6 doubles 4 singles
TGU 16kg @4 sets final 24kg breathing behind the shield all the way

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Welcome back, matey..... nightmare it went a bit Pete Tong for you there.... but hopefully recovery has been well.

Nice job on the skipping :)
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:Welcome back, matey..... nightmare it went a bit Pete Tong for you there.... but hopefully recovery has been well.

Nice job on the skipping :)
Cheers fella, will be doing burpee hopscotch next :lol:

Today

30 mins of freestyle lss skipping, heart rate mostly in the zone, short walk if it went over

Week 2 session 3 operator
FP, FQ, DL, CP

All felt v heavy today, think this is from the Burpee fest yesterday.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

10 mins freestyle rope work to warm up

Practiced animal movements and transition for 30 mins as recovery day. Felt really good great sweat on with little stress on the body. However felt some pain in the elbows but think it's related to accident few months back not over training.

As I'm getting older I need to work on agility and coordination and rope work and movements seem to fit the bill. I will probably incoperate the transitions into warm ups; see how the body takes it.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Week 3 operator

Warm up

Freestyle skipping 6 mins
Slight improvement on crossovers

Dynamic warm up animal movements drills 10 mins felt great afterwards noticed better wrist flexion on the FQ

wrist and hip mobility
Ape Reach
Flexion Chain Stretch
Hip Stretch
Tried full hip stretch.. more work required
loaded beast stretch
Crab reach
scorpion reach

Ape front and back crawl

3x3@90%

FQ 72.5kg
FP 95kg
OHP 60kg
WPU 5kg

Overall felt strong wavered slightly on last FP rep