VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Ncolicci

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by Ncolicci »

Taking it back a little bit... but what was your opinion on fighter bangkok with base building? Thinking about using that.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 7/22
AM
Q&D

PM
Core Work
Operator, Week 4

Thursday 7/23
30 minute jog

Minimum day, feeling sore and just worn down. Also, I weighed myself after the jog and found I'm still the same weight (235-240 at 5'9) even though I feel like I'm decently leaner/better body comp than a few months ago. Sigh. Really considering going to the minimum number of sets on Operator, maybe dropping a protein scoop, etc. each day.
Ncolicci wrote:Taking it back a little bit... but what was your opinion on fighter bangkok with base building? Thinking about using that.
I really liked it. It let me get the Es in without losing any ground on strength. I've always had a problem that if I stop lifting for a while, when I come back I get extremely sore (esp. with squats) and it was worth it just to avoid that. Now keep in mind I'm purely recreational with this stuff, so if I missed some gains on my E by lifting during BB I wouldn't even know it, really.

Post by Likes »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Wednesday 7/22
Minimum day, feeling sore and just worn down. Also, I weighed myself after the jog and found I'm still the same weight (235-240 at 5'9) even though I feel like I'm decently leaner/better body comp than a few months ago. Sigh. Really considering going to the minimum number of sets on Operator, maybe dropping a protein scoop, etc. each day.
Why do you want to lose weight if it's lean body mass?

I've been following your log and I'm curious about how fast and much muscle you gain seeing as you find it a 'problem'. Imo I don't think I'd mind

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Friday 7/24
Operator, Week 4

Did the minimum sets today. This is because I'd been feeling run down. Unrelated to the bodyweight thing.

Saturday 7/25
Off
Likes wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:Wednesday 7/22
Why do you want to lose weight if it's lean body mass?

I've been following your log and I'm curious about how fast and much muscle you gain seeing as you find it a 'problem'. Imo I don't think I'd mind
Well, first, I don't mean to give the impression that I'm as lean as I could be. I was looking at those 'estimate your bodyfat' pics online, and I'm probably between 20 and 25% (and closer to 25 I'm sure). But yeah, I do feel like I'm leaner than I was a few months ago and I was pretty disappointed to see my weight was the same yesterday. My goals here are the general 'look and feel better,' and tbh both of those would be better achieved at 215 lbs than 235.

To answer your question, I gain both fat and muscle easily. No doubt it's related to the fact that the strength stuff in TB comes to me so much more easily than the E and HIC work (I'm sure that for the average TB user, it's the other way around). But I've been telling myself today that there's some places in my diet where I could be smarter, cut out a little stuff I don't need. And it would perhaps be better than do that rather than overreact and go too far the other way (the other option would be reduce the 1RM numbers I use, cut the protein down, etc.). I still want to be "fit" after all, and if my only goal was to get smaller I could just drop all this stuff and sit on the couch and eat salads!

I'll be thinking about it over the weekend, see how things look after another day or two.

Post by Likes »

Looking at your HICs I think you're selling yourself short. You seem pretty well conditioned with good strength numbers.

About the diet and fat % I came to a 'realisation' a short time ago that I had to make it a consious effort to lose weight else it wouldn't work. By this I mean, I could've been eating the perfect maintance diet for months, and I still would've the same fat%. I hope this makes some sense.

If you're interested this helped me: https://www.powerliftingtowin.com/power ... nutrition/

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sunday 7/26
KB Short Hills, 5 and 15

Monday 7/27
AM
Q&D

PM
Core Work
Operator, Week 5
Likes wrote:Looking at your HICs I think you're selling yourself short. You seem pretty well conditioned with good strength numbers.

About the diet and fat % I came to a 'realisation' a short time ago that I had to make it a consious effort to lose weight else it wouldn't work. By this I mean, I could've been eating the perfect maintance diet for months, and I still would've the same fat%. I hope this makes some sense.

If you're interested this helped me: https://www.powerliftingtowin.com/power ... nutrition/
Thanks for the link. I did the Navy test and got 23%, which is line with the pic comparisons. I think I'm going to tighten up the diet a bit, stay restrained with the cheat day, and buy a scale and start weighing myself and taking pics regularly. I'll give it a few months and see where I am. Thanks again.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 7/28
AM
Standard Issue Hills x10
With an hour walk there and another hour back

PM
Q&D

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »