Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

6/1/2021

40 Min LSS
Approx 6km (my GPS watched ran out of charge)

Today was just a nice easy (slightly hungover) LSS. Not much more to write than that, but recovery will have to be on point from here on out to make up for it. Lots of hydration and good food is on the cards for the rest of the week and some good recovery practices from here on out.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Please post an update on the massage gun once you've formed an opinion!
I definitely will be. I will post about it in here and flick you a direct message after I give it a month or so.
grouchyjarhead wrote:Looking good Max. The pace dropping and feeling easy is exactly what we want with BB. You're right on target.
I am definitely enjoying the training overall. I am already noticing the improvement in SE on top of how easy the runs are.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

7/1/2021

Am

Bjj Gi Midday

Collar drags and takedowns

4x5 mins rolling

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Base build Week 2
Session 5
Strength Endurance
Warmup
Band Exercises

2x20
1. 10kg dumbbells x 15 es
2. 2x10kg dumbbells x15 es
3.2x10kg dumbbells x15 es
4.16kg Kettlebell x 15 es
5. 30 reps bodyweight
60-90 secs rest between exercises, 3 min rest between rounds

I only made one BJJ session yesterday so I am feeling pretty well recovered today. I worked my way through today's SE pretty well, but I will definitely be breaking sets up next week to get them finished. I have a long run planned tomorrow and might push the distance a bit depending on weather. Today will be a day of housework and stretching with a long walk planned at some point.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

9/1/2021

Bjj Gi Midday

Revisited collar drags to warm up.
6x5 mins rolling

I made up Thursday's evening training by getting in a weekend training before returning to work tomorrow. It felt good to get in and move even with some minor calf cramping.

I will give it a couple hours to recover before getting in my last LSS session for the week. My body is feeling great besides a few little niggles here and there. I am trying to get in plenty of BJJ prior to the 3x50 week of Base building. I don't think I will be doing much BJJ that week to make sure I recover well enough.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

9/1/2021

Pm

LSS trail run 60 min
Distance: 8.06km
Avg pace: 7:27 per km
Avg HR: 145bpm

30 min cooldown walk followed by ice bath

I got a nice easy LSS trail run in to finish the week. I kept the pace pretty low due to BJJ earlier and could have run at the pace all day. I am starting to feel the benefits of base building kick in and really enjoying it. The next couple weeks will be harder as I will return to work as of tomorrow, but things seem to be going well so far.

I am looking forward to a recovery day tomorrow and getting back into things next week. I think I will have to double up my SE and runs where possible just to get them in. If not I will take advantage of the work gym and available dumbbells for my SE pre shift.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

11/01/2021

Base build Week 3
Session 1
Strength Endurance
Warmup
Band Exercises

3x40
1. 10kg dumbbells x 20 es
2. 2x10kg dumbbells x20 es
3.2x10kg dumbbells x20 es
4.16kg Kettlebell x 20 es
5. 40 reps bodyweight
60-90 secs rest between exercises, 3 min rest between rounds

Ice bath prior to work to cool down and recover post training.

I am back at work so I had to leave for work prior to putting this in my log yesterday.
I was only able to get my SE due to work. I will have to do a catch up LSS run on Friday to allow me to get in 2xBJJ sessions today.

As I was completing exercise 2 I realised I had been doing double the reps I needed to. I finished these for the first round and then dropped to the correct amount for the last 2.

I am definitely noticing the higher reps are feeling easier as I grind my way through them. I am definitely having to break the reps up into manageable chunks now to not blow myself out to early.

Exercise 3 is the hardest and has to be broken down into 5s,3,and even sometimes 2s in the later rounds with 2-3 breaths in between.

I am now able to grind my way through exercise 5 in 10s and 5s at a decent pace so definite improvement there.

I am really enjoying this base build, but it is definitely one of the harder exercise cluster choices I have used in a long time.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

#3 and #5 are definitely the toughest. You are making great progress already.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

grouchyjarhead wrote:#3 and #5 are definitely the toughest. You are making great progress already.
I am genuinely enjoying it to be honest. I usually go with a mix off S&S with pullups on the rare occasion I do basebuild. I am enjoying this much more this time.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

12/01/2021

Am
BJJ No gi midday

Side control escapes to guard and recovery from the cross face
3x5 mins rolling
Pm
BJJ No gi Evening

Continued side control theme but coming to single leg instead of regaining guard

Specific rounds 2 mins each alternate top/bottom and rest