Workout Log

TBPenguin

Re: Workout Log

Post by TBPenguin »

Have you considered a slightly extended deload?

Adski

Post by Adski »

TBPenguin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 am Have you considered a slightly extended deload?
I can’t say I have really, I mean, I had a week off completely, started on week 1 of fighter, finished 5 days before catching a cold (more than likely a combination of what my wife and son had, gotta love daycare lol) and have had now, today included, another 5 days off.
I was thinking of switching to lighter work strength wise with Ross’s stuff once I feel I am recovered or restarting the block.
I’m always open to suggestions though.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Adski wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:13 am
TBPenguin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 am Have you considered a slightly extended deload?
I can’t say I have really, I mean, I had a week off completely, started on week 1 of fighter, finished 5 days before catching a cold (more than likely a combination of what my wife and son had, gotta love daycare lol) and have had now, today included, another 5 days off.
I was thinking of switching to lighter work strength wise with Ross’s stuff once I feel I am recovered or restarting the block.
I wouldn't consider time off due to illness part of a deload. If anything, your body is more stressed than when training. It's just "not lifting/running/whatever." Maybe try this. When you feel that you haven't had any cold symptoms for a couple days, start a deload week, but make the deload low volume, not low weight. So for squats, do your warmup, then just do 2 or 3 rep sets until it starts to get hard, then stop. So just one top set, and not all that challenging. Same for the other lifts you do, but just do 2 or 3 lifts. Just lift 2 times that week. For conditioning, just pretend you are in Mass protocol, general. The following week you should be able to start your next block like normal.

Adski

Post by Adski »

TBPenguin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:40 pm
Adski wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:13 am
I wouldn't consider time off due to illness part of a deload. If anything, your body is more stressed than when training. It's just "not lifting/running/whatever." Maybe try this. When you feel that you haven't had any cold symptoms for a couple days, start a deload week, but make the deload low volume, not low weight. So for squats, do your warmup, then just do 2 or 3 rep sets until it starts to get hard, then stop. So just one top set, and not all that challenging. Same for the other lifts you do, but just do 2 or 3 lifts. Just lift 2 times that week. For conditioning, just pretend you are in Mass protocol, general. The following week you should be able to start your next block like normal.
I hear you, that’s pretty good advice, funnily enough, it’s similar to what I have given other people bouncing back from the flu etc, yet rarely have I done that myself lol. Typically I’ve treated a cold like I co suffered going out field, a forced “deload”.
So thank you very much, if you hadn’t said that, I would have started as normal as of tomorrow or by the latest early next week.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

6/7/22

Rest Day

Note: feeling better but not quite 100% yet. Getting there.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:16 pm 6/7/22

Rest Day

Man… we are on the same page again…
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:51 pm
Adski wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:16 pm 6/7/22

Rest Day

Man… we are on the same page again…
Always in Sync haha! Hopefully we are both back on track soon!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Feeling way better as today has gone on. If I continue to feel good tomorrow I may begin training by Friday. OP/Pro is probably worth considering. Could do a Op/Pro 3 weeks, Op DUP 3 weeks then fighter 6 weeks. Always thinking of options.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

7/7/22

Rest Day

Note: feeling much better, may still give it the rest of this week, or start tomorrow lol, am just going stir crazy not training, this happens every time I have a break, having a whole array of ideas on what I could do next. Will have another sauna session today, been keeping up with mobility work every day, am feeling pretty supple at this point.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

8/7/22

HBBSQ
70kg 5x5

WD
50kg 1x2

PU
3x9

DB Farmers Carry
30kg db’s 3 sets until just short of hand failure

PM

Ramp Rollouts
3rd Notch 3x5

Neck Raises
20kg 1x8 2x5

Note: feeling pretty good coming back from the cold. All things going well I’ll be skating tomorrow.