Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

TBPenguin

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by TBPenguin »

Maxrip13 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:15 am
TBPenguin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:15 pm Max, now that you finished OP DUP, what are yoru thoughts on the dynamic work?
I really enjoyed it, but would use non barbell lifts when I run through it next time. If powerlifting style movements is your goal it makes sense to use the barbell lifts, but I think I would get more from explosive movements like throws, cleans and jumps personally.
Thanks Max, just the type of insight I was hoping to get.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

11/7/22

OP Pro Week 2 Session 1

Warmup upper back band warmup (Increased intensity for set 2, 2x red bands and black band for pullup apart)

Bench press 3RM 60kg (75kg x1, 70kgx1, Pec and tricep activating poorly with a week of no physio)
Back Squat 3x5 70kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 85kg
Pullup 3x4 BW

1 Arm band Tricep pushdown 3x10, red bands

Band neck exercises, red band

I may have pushed to hard in the warm up or spent too much time sitting at a computer yesterday. Strength had dropped off but I have missed a week of manual therapy. I dropped a bit of weight on the bench-press, but it just felt like some nerve issues. We will see in the peaking week.

I really enjoy OP DUP into OP Pro. I definitely feel faster when I lift and ready to test some RMs next week.

Next cycle I will get some conditioning work in and even with testing won't progress too much lifting wise.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

OP Pro Week 2 Session 2

Warmup upper back band warmup (Increased intensity for set 2, 2x red bands and black band for pullup apart)

Back Squat 3RM 105kg
Bench press 3x5 45kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x4 BW

I am only doing two strength sessions this week. I really think I may play around with a two day variation of OP DUP and Op Pro. I like the templates, but only want to lift 2x a week

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:07 pm OP Pro Week 2 Session 2

Back Squat 3RM 105kg
Bench press 3x5 45kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x4 BW

I am only doing two strength sessions this week. I really think I may play around with a two day variation of OP DUP and Op Pro. I like the templates, but only want to lift 2x a week
I have had similar thoughts with the twice a week option. Would leave a lot more room for other activities.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:38 am

Back Squat 3RM 105kg
Bench press 3x5 45kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x4 BW

I have had similar thoughts with the twice a week option. Would leave a lot more room for other activities.
I keep finding myself only getting two sessions in during the second week of both DUP and OP Pro. I ended up kind of treating it like OP I/A and being a bit more flexible.

I am in the last week now and overall pretty happy with the program. I definitely prefer OP pro of the two, but that's because I didn't have to do any sets of 8.

I am going to do another lap through with a little force progress. Overall pretty happy with the programs even if I haven't been doing any running.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

OP Pro Week 3 Session 1 (Nightshift)
PEAK

Warmup upper back band warmup

Benchpress 60kg x3, worked to a 75kg 1RM
Back Squat 2x5 75kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 95kg
Pullup 2x5 BW

Tested my bench press and was a little disappointed. I still have a long way to go until my strength fully recovers.
I am on nightshift so my testing numbers will drop a bit. It seems a good way to get some conservative maxes for another run through.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:06 am

Back Squat 3RM 105kg
Bench press 3x5 45kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x4 BW

I keep finding myself only getting two sessions in during the second week of both DUP and OP Pro. I ended up kind of treating it like OP I/A and being a bit more flexible.

I am in the last week now and overall pretty happy with the program. I definitely prefer OP pro of the two, but that's because I didn't have to do any sets of 8.

I am going to do another lap through with a little force progress. Overall pretty happy with the programs even if I haven't been doing any running.
Nice. That doesn’t sound like a bad way of doing it with the flex days. I’m considering hybrid or hybrid conditioning emphasis at this stage myself, considering a unilateral block for fighter.

Im not sure why but so far I seem to prefer Op Pro as well, I know I like it from a recovery standpoint.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

18/7/22
Easy 30 min LSS

19/7/22 AM
OP Pro Week 3 Session 2 (Nightshift)
PEAK

Warmup upper back band warmup

Back Squat 80kg x3, worked to a 120kg 1RM
Benchpress 3x5 50kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x5 BW

I went conservative on the 1RM and did an easy 120kg for a single. I had plenty more in the tank, but my technique was on point and I called it there. One more day to go before resetting numbers. I am still deciding whether to stick with OP Pro or do another run through of DUP into OP Pro.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:39 pm
Maxrip13 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:06 am

Nice. That doesn’t sound like a bad way of doing it with the flex days. I’m considering hybrid or hybrid conditioning emphasis at this stage myself, considering a unilateral block for fighter.

Im not sure why but so far I seem to prefer Op Pro as well, I know I like it from a recovery standpoint.
I definitely enjoy it a lot. Exactly what I was looking for after years of normal Operator and Fighter.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

2x BJJ session this week

Working on Open guard

1x Gi, 1 x No gi.

I will hopefully get one more and some yoga done tomorrow night,.