Green2Blue TB Log

Green2Blue

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by Green2Blue »

I want to preface this by saying this was not a typical workout. I put in significantly more volume because I've got 3 Thanksgiving dinners coming up and 2 days without any workouts. I wanted to smash myself prior to that.

11/22/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

Primary Lifts (85% Training Max)

SQ 7x5@285 lbs

BP 3x5@210 lbs
+ 2x4@210 lbs

WPU 3x5@90 lbs
+ 2x4@90 lbs

2 min rest

Accessory Lifts

Good Mornings 8-12
OHP 8-12
Pendlay Rows 8-12
x5
1 minute rest

Concentration Curls 8-12
Close Grip Bench 8-12
Reverse Flies 8-12
Ab Wheel 8-12
x5
No rest

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

11/27/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

SQ 3x5@285 lbs

BP 3x5@210 lbs

WPU
1x4@90 lbs
2x3@90 lbs

2 min rest

Notes
-I'm sick. Haven't worked out in 4 days. Today was one of the worst workouts I've had in a while. Was supposed to do deads but knew I didn't have it in me. Obviously I didn't have it in me to do the pull-ups either lol.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Hope it doesn't last to long G2B. Took bloody weeks to finally shake mine
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:

11/27/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

SQ 3x5@285 lbs

BP 3x5@210 lbs

WPU
1x4@90 lbs
2x3@90 lbs

2 min rest

Notes
-I'm sick. Haven't worked out in 4 days. Today was one of the worst workouts I've had in a while. Was supposed to do deads but knew I didn't have it in me. Obviously I didn't have it in me to do the pull-ups either lol.
I hate getting sick in the middle of training cycle.. hope you recover fast!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

11/28/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 5

HIC: Hill Sprints

x5

Notes
-One tough ass workout.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

11/29/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 5

E: LSS

2 miles

Notes
-This was supposed to be a day off but due to weather and daylight savings I haven't done an E in a few weeks. My body just wasn't used to it. Started having structural problems (knee, foot, etc). Ended up having to walk the 2 miles back home. As a result I'll probably have to go back to a 7 day training week so I can schedule my E days on one of the days I don't work.

-It's been a rough few weeks in my training. Between getting sick, knee problems, elbow problems, getting fat during Thanksgiving week (this in and of itself isn't a problem, but when it fell in line with all these other problems it was really bad timing), and this workout's problem it's been a bit disheartening.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote:11/29/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 5

2 miles

Notes
-This was supposed to be a day off but due to weather and daylight savings I haven't done an E in a few weeks. My body just wasn't used to it. Started having structural problems (knee, foot, etc). Ended up having to walk the 2 miles back home. As a result I'll probably have to go back to a 7 day training week so I can schedule my E days on one of the days I don't work.

-It's been a rough few weeks in my training. Between getting sick, knee problems, elbow problems, getting fat during Thanksgiving week (this in and of itself isn't a problem, but when it fell in line with all these other problems it was really bad timing), and this workout's problem it's been a bit disheartening.
Stay the course friend. You will get it all sorted out and back on track before you know it.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:11/29/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 5

2 miles

Notes

Keep your spirit up, mate! Your log does good deal of inspiration!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Thanks J-Madd and Bark. I think I may be on my way out of the woods for now. Finally had a decent workout.

11/30/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

Primary Lifts (95% Training Max)

SQ 3x2@320 lbs
BP 3x2@235 lbs
WPU 3x2@100 lbs

3 min rest

Accessory Complex

Clean and Press
Toes to Bar
x3

1 min rest

Notes
-A much better workout than I've had lately. I'm finally understanding what's been causing all of my knee pain lately. Patellar tendon pain has been caused by just the fact that I increased my squat volume WAY too much st once. I went from a standard 3 sets to 5-7, and reduced my rest time from 3 mins to 2, all at once. I'm still a firm believer that you should increase yours sets when increasing your load becomes too difficult, but I really took it too far. I should have gone from 3 to 4.

My medial meniscus pain was caused by attempts to alter my technique. I was trying to press my knees more laterally out over my toes. However, I think I've come to learn that for me my feet just naturally point outward more and I just need to keep doing what feels right in that regard.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

12/01/16
Conditioning (Black)
Block 5

HIC: GC2

18:27

Notes
-A good HIC. I like that the farther you go the more you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.