Warm up: Limber Eleven

Operator Template (Week 3 - 90%)

Bench Press: 195 for 3 sets of 3
High Bar Squats: 230 for 3 sets of 3
WPU: + 55 for 3, 3, 2

Suitcase Carry (Kettlebell):
53 for 100m
53 for 200m

Hip crap aside this workout went the exact opposite of how I expected. The Bench was pretty heavy. Pull ups were really heavy and missed a rep, and the squats were easy.. Easier then 205 was last week.

Mindboozer

Re: KS-90's Log

Post by Mindboozer »

Great log man! Hope your hip gets sorted out.

How are you liking the loaded carries? I've been thinking about trying to program them into Operator + Black when I finish my BB block. Do you find that they clash with Deadlifts very much?

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

Mindboozer wrote:Great log man! Hope your hip gets sorted out.

How are you liking the loaded carries? I've been thinking about trying to program them into Operator + Black when I finish my BB block. Do you find that they clash with Deadlifts very much?
Thanks man. I am really enjoying them. Fairly new to doing them but I did notice thay my grip was giving out much sooner on the Farmers when I did them on the same day as Deadlifts. It was my first time combining the two though so Im sure it will get easier. I do want to make a heavy sandbag or something for days I do Deadlifts and do bear hug carries though or maybe do safety bar walks. Not a hundred percent sure. Just messing around with them to be honest.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

30 November 2016 - Wednesday

Warm up: Limber Eleven

Bench Press: 195 for 3x3
High Bar Squat: 230 for 3x3
WPU: +45 for 3, 3 , 5**

Farmers Carry:
95 lb per hand for 50m
95 lb per hand for 50m
95 lb per hand for 50m

**After missing a rep with Fifty-five on Monday I wanted to drop a bit of weight on the WPU and own the weight. Forty-five flew up and got five reps pretty easily.

Felt good on the Farmers carries.

Apex Hills (53lb Kb - 200m)

Got a pretty steep and long hill by my house. Did Sprints after the weightlifting and they went pretty good. Definetly more of a Bag drive then the track. First sprint took 42 seconds last one took 47. Just did four to see how the hip felt. Its been about five hours since the whole session and it does not feel to bad.

Cool Down: Long Foam Roller session.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

1 December 2016 - Thursday

Physio

Went to physio this morning and got some ART done and worked some core exercises I am going to throw into my routine from now on. Stir the pots for 5,4,3,2,1 and Banded Plank around the worlds (bands around knees and feet to fire the lateral hip muscles - lift right leg, extend right arm, extend left arm, lift left leg, then work back around to the right leg) for 5,4,3,2,1.

Also forgot to mention in yesterdays post that the warm up sets on squats I had bands around my knees and ankles. Same idea; fire the hip muscles.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

2 December 2016 - Tuesday

Warm up: Bike, Limber Eleven

Bench Press: 195 for 3x3
High Bar Squat: 230 for 3x3**
WPU: +50 for 3x3

Suitcase Carry (Dumbell):
80 lb for 50m
85 lb for 50m
85 lb for 50m

**Bands around knees and ankles up to 185 followed by box walks

Did WPU instead of Deadlifts again lol. On auto pilot apparently; didnt think of it till I was home 2 hours later.

Bench felt heavy; especially on the second set. A buddy of mine hit 365 on the bench in a t-shirt @ 175 lbs bw as I was struggling with 195. Puts things in perspective lol.

WPU was just right

A buddy watched my Squats and gave me a few pointers.The weight felt really good and I was pretty explosive locking it out.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

3 December 2016 - Saturday

Meat Eater II (53 lb Kb)

10 Swings then 10 Burpees
60 seconds rest
10 rounds for time

Time: 15:03; last round took 33 seconds.

Core
Plank around the world with bands (red knees, green feet) for 7 to 1

Band Box Walks with red and green bands

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

How are all of the loaded carries treating you? I absolutely loved hex bar farmers walks before I quit going to the gym. I supersetted them with swings. My favorite finisher ever.

I asked my wife for a home-built prowler and sled/wheelbarrow for Christmas :mrgreen:

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:How are all of the loaded carries treating you? I absolutely loved hex bar farmers walks before I quit going to the gym. I supersetted them with swings. My favorite finisher ever.

I asked my wife for a home-built prowler and sled/wheelbarrow for Christmas :mrgreen:
All you need is twins and double stroller :D

Suitcase walks (KB or DB) is a good home gym substitute for a farmers.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:How are all of the loaded carries treating you? I absolutely loved hex bar farmers walks before I quit going to the gym. I supersetted them with swings. My favorite finisher ever.

All you need is twins and double stroller :D

Suitcase walks (KB or DB) is a good home gym substitute for a farmers.
My issue is my heaviest DB is 50 lbs (I was doing farmers with 250ish). And BBs are too wonky to carry in one hand.

Haha dude I tried running once with a stroller, but our front wheel is bent so it requires so much readjusting it just makes the workout impossible. I was going to get it fixed but now it's way too cold for her. I'm barely running myself these days.