KS-90's Log

Barkadion

Re: KS-90's Log

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:How are all of the loaded carries treating you? I absolutely loved hex bar farmers walks before I quit going to the gym. I supersetted them with swings. My favorite finisher ever.

I asked my wife for a home-built prowler and sled/wheelbarrow for Christmas :mrgreen:
All you need is twins and double stroller :D

Suitcase walks (KB or DB) is a good home gym substitute for a farmers.
My issue is my heaviest DB is 50 lbs (I was doing farmers with 250ish). And BBs are too wonky to carry in one hand.

Haha dude I tried running once with a stroller, but our front wheel is bent so it requires so much readjusting it just makes the workout impossible. I was going to get it fixed but now it's way too cold for her. I'm barely running myself these days.
Seal walks with sliders can really kill you. Adding weighted vest will make it painfully enjoyable. I've done that with paper plates on carpet going back and forth in my basement. I don't remember if I pucked :D

Another thought is getting DB handle for oly plates. Not too expensive and you'll be able to go heavy.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

Green2Blue wrote:How are all of the loaded carries treating you? I absolutely loved hex bar farmers walks before I quit going to the gym. I supersetted them with swings. My favorite finisher ever.

I asked my wife for a home-built prowler and sled/wheelbarrow for Christmas :mrgreen:
Lovin them man i'm gonna branch out from dumbell carries once I max out the dumbbells at my gym. Im thinking of making some home made farmers implements over the holidays. If you make a home made prowler you will have to throw up the design.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

5 December 2016 - Monday

A.M.

Gym was packed and skipped the warm-up to grab a bench. Wish I didnt as the squats felt tight.

Operator Template (Week 4 - 75%)

Bench Press: 150 for 3 sets of 5*
160 for 3 sets of 5

High Bar Squats: 190 for 3 sets of 5
135 for 3 sets of 5** (Band Walks)

WPU: +20 for 3 sets of 5

Farmers Carry (Dumbell)
100 lb per hand for 50m
100 lb per hand for 50m
100 lb per hand for 50m***

*Calculated the weight with 70% instead of 75% so went back and did the three sets with 75%.

**Sets of 135 had a red and green band around the knees and ankles, and were supersetted with box walks.

***Dropped the weight 35m in. Took a quick break and finished the set. Should have done 2 sets.

P.M.

Power Intervals (C2 Rower; Resistance 10)

2 minute all out
3 minute recovery pace

5 rounds; just barely over 500m on the last 2 minute interval.

Cool Down: 15 minute hip mobility.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

6 December 2016 - Tuesday

30 minute warm up on the bike followed by core. 7 to 1 around the world planks with red and green bands followed by 6 to be 1 stir the pots.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

7 December 2016 - Wednesday

Warm up: Limber Eleven

Operator Template (Week 4 - 75%)

Bench Press: 160 for 3 sets of 5
Squat: 190 for 3 sets of 5*
WPU: +20 for 3 sets of 5

*Warmed up with red and green bands around knees and ankles until 185 then after the work sets did 3 sets of 5 at 135 (with bands) supersetted with band box walks.

Feelin tired today so just hit the main workout + physio stuff.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

8 December 2016 - Thursday

Went to physio this morning. Right side hip strength is definetly improving. Physio did some tests and I did much better then last time. Hate to say it, but cutting out running seems to have made a big difference the last week or so pain wise. I found squatting was a really big irritant for it, but maybe the running was keeping it inflamed just enough that when I was squatting I really pushed it over the edge. All of this is a knock on wood scenario though. It has went away in the past just to come back worse. Hoping lol.

HIC: 13 Down (53 lb KB)

13 to 1 Kettlebell swings supersetted with burpees
So 13 KB swings, 13 Burpees, 12, 12, 11, 11.. Down to 1, 1
Time: 7:23

I haven't done this one in a long while. I feel like I was in the 9 minute range last time I did it. Its a good quick one for at home.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

9 December 2016 - Friday

Operator Template ( Week 4 - 75%)

Bench Press: 160 for 3 sets of 5
High Bar Squat: 190 for 3 sets of 5*
Deadlift: 270 for 3 sets of 5

*Warmed up to 185 with red bands around ankles and knees. After Deadlifts did 135 for 2 sets of 5 supersetted with band box walks.

Suitcase carry (Dumbell):

70 lb for 100m

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

12 December 2016 - Monday

Warm up: Limber Eleven

Operator Template (Week 5 - 85%)
High Bar Squats: 215 for 3 sets of 3
Bench: 185 for 3 sets of 3
WPU: +45 for 3 sets of 3

Farmers Carry:
100lb per hand for 50m
100lb per hand for 50m

About 10 muscle-up singles after squats while waiting for a bench. They are getting a bit smoother.

Two sets of squats with bands at 135 supersetted with box walks.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

All you need is twins and double stroller :D

Suitcase walks (KB or DB) is a good home gym substitute for a farmers.
My issue is my heaviest DB is 50 lbs (I was doing farmers with 250ish). And BBs are too wonky to carry in one hand.

Haha dude I tried running once with a stroller, but our front wheel is bent so it requires so much readjusting it just makes the workout impossible. I was going to get it fixed but now it's way too cold for her. I'm barely running myself these days.

Been thinking of buying a shrug/hex bar for farmers then came across these, might be a solution

http://www.roguefitness.com/spud-inc-tr ... lk-handles
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

Moz69 wrote: Been thinking of buying a shrug/hex bar for farmers then came across these, might be a solution

http://www.roguefitness.com/spud-inc-tr ... lk-handles
I think Id go with the hex bar or some home made implements. Those things would probably wear through rubbing on the plates. Hex bar would be nice to have kicking around. Guess it all depends though.