Black n' Fighter

DocOctagon

Re: Black n' Fighter

Post by DocOctagon »

LAcop wrote:
DocOctagon wrote:
LAcop wrote:Week 1 / Day 3:
40min fun run

*just felt exhausted, not too sure exactly why. My workouts feel fine but just don't feel rested at all.
Just curious because of the feeling exhausted thing, what kind of shape are you in cardio-wise? Do you know any of your benchmarks like 1.5m or 5k times?

It's actually funny that you ask that, ive been sick with the flu for the last couple days. I think it may have just been coming on, plus only sleeping for 4-5 hours on a work week doesn't help.

But to answer your question, my 1.5 floats between 9:50-10:30 and my 3 mile is 29+, I've never been good pacing. I've always just done sprints for conditioning and jogged distances without timing.
Going off your times I think you'd benefit immensely running a Base Building block. Benefit in terms of overall daily energy, recovery and work capacity. This translates over to your lifting sessions as well by the way, as most posters here can attest to. If I were in your shoes I'd aim to reach a sub 9:15 1.5 miler to really optimize your aerobic system and increase daily energy output.

LAcop

Post by LAcop »

Update*

Still stick, the flu is gone, now I have such bad chest congestion / chest cold that I'm out of breath doing daily things.

Becoming a nuisance now.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

LAcop wrote:Update*

Still stick, the flu is gone, now I have such bad chest congestion / chest cold that I'm out of breath doing daily things.

Becoming a nuisance now.
I've been sick with the flu for about 3 weeks recently. Not a joke. This winter has brought nasty flu...

Take care, mate.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Barkadion wrote:

Becoming a nuisance now.
I've been sick with the flu for about 3 weeks recently. Not a joke. This winter has brought nasty flu...

Take care, mate.
No shit. I've been down for a week with some pretty strong flu symptoms, and I rarely fall sick. It really seems like some kind of epidemic!

LAcop

Post by LAcop »

Nomad wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Becoming a nuisance now.

Take care, mate.
No shit. I've been down for a week with some pretty strong flu symptoms, and I rarely fall sick. It really seems like some kind of epidemic!
Ha, I know the feeling. I started feeling better for a couple days. Went to a T/C while it was raining and now I'm just as bad.

LAcop

Post by LAcop »

Still sick..a month and X amount of meds later.. praying it's not pneumonia or anything serious.

I'm starting back up on Sunday regardless of how I feel, may just tone it down though.

Today, just did 5x10 kettlebell swings paired with one minute jump rope intervals. First workout in about 2-3 weeks, felt like death.