Monster's Log

monster

Re: Monster's Log

Post by monster »

W2D1
Bench 1x5x47.5kg, 3x5x42.5kg
Deadlift 1x5x70kg

Failed reading comprehension of my programming so performed wrong weight on first set of bench.

Judo
Newaza randori
Worked on technical aspects of osotogari
Randori with a pro who showed me some basics of how to generate force through grip and also technical adjustment for ouchigari

Stretch - Focused Flexibility
Hamstring Variations x2
Seated Forward Fold x2

monster

Post by monster »

W2D2
Mobility
Sun Salutation

Judo
Uchikomi
Randori
Worked on foot techniques (kouchi, deashibarai)

Skipped focused flexibility today as a result of some knee pain that I am beginning to correlate with stretching out my hamstrings. Weird.

monster

Post by monster »

W2D3
Bench 4x5x42.5kg
Deadlift 1x5x70kg

Judo
Uchikomi
Newaza. Notes: Turnover from bottom, breaking out captured leg from top.
Randori. Notes: ouchi gari -> osoto gari; osoto gari-> harai goshi

Going to take some time off stretching hamstrings due to knee injury from training.

monster

Post by monster »

W2D4
Off. Going to take a few days off judo to recover from an excruciating harai goshi to the knee.

W2D5
Bench 4x5x42.5kg
Deadlift 1x5x70kg

Devoured pizza yesterday night and lifts were easy this morning, which leads me to conclude that I am not consuming enough carbs normally.

monster

Post by monster »

Took a few days off for recovery/travel.

W2D6
OFF

W2D7
OFF

W3D1
Judo
Just practiced movements.
Osotogari x70
Haraigoshi x70
Kouchigari x60

W3D2
Bench 4x3x47.5kg
Deadlift 1x3x77.5kg

Judo
Randori
Uchikomi
Nagekomi

Been a few days since I last trained and today everything felt slow and uncoordinated.

2H KB Swings 5x10x16kg

Hurt my lower back awhile back (not training related) and it has resulted in a pinching feeling after I deadlift and feels strange during judo. Not sure about the deadlifts as the deadlifts feel awesome and the pinching only occurs after I finish. Did some swings today to iron out some of the kinks in my lower back. Swings felt great, will see how everything else goes.

monster

Post by monster »

W3D3
Judo
Uchikomi: osotogari,haraigoshi
Randori

2H Swings 5x10x16kg

Felt much better today than yesterday, especially on my back. Think the swings helped a lot. Still felt strain when I push too hard to throw, which is a sign that I am twisting my back and not turning my hips.

Am going to focus on one of the smaller throws, possibly kouchi gari, for a few blocks.

monster

Post by monster »

W3D4
Bench 4x3x47.5kg
Deadlift 1x3x77.5kg

Judo
Uchikomi

Lifts today felt awesome. Did swings past two days, and the pinching I've been feeling in my lower back after deadlifts since I injured it was minimal. Almost thought I might've swung my way to a full recovery, but at the end of the day I had pain that felt like I was overextending my lower back. This carried over to judo, and I could hardly even do uchikomi so only practiced movements today.

monster

Post by monster »

Took some time off after seeing a sports doctor for my back. Seems that lack of mobility combined with a core that isn't strong enough is putting tons of stress on my spine. Doctor recommends I focus on strengthening my core until I'm fully recovered before returning to judo.

Really enjoyed doing only bench/deadlift for the last block; felt fantastic so going to bump TM up:
Bench 55kg -> 57.5kg
Deadlift 87.5kg -> 92.5kg

Plan for next 2 weeks is to focus on Simple with plank and shank as a finisher and yoga where I can fit it in. Going to re-evaluate core strength with a couple exercises the doctor provided me at the end of the block.

2/27/17
3x5x16kg Goblet Squat
3x5 Hip Bridge
6x10x16kg 2H Swing
1x5 TGU

3x Plank and Shank (60/30)

monster

Post by monster »

2/28/17
3x5x16kg Goblet Squat
3x5 Hip Bridge
7x10x16kg 2H Swing
1x5 TGU

3x Plank and Shank (60/30)

Yoga 30 minutes

Going to try and fit in 2-3 sessions of judo this week to evaluate how the back is doing.

monster

Post by monster »

3/1/2017
Late schedule so decided to have a rest day and only worked on focused flexibility.

Focused Flexibility
Longsitting: hamstring variations, seated forward fold
Shoulders: lounge chair, shoulder internal rotation

3/2/2017
Judo
Randori

First session in a couple weeks, did some randori to get a feel for my back's condition. For the most part seems fine, but hurts when I turn. Figure that I am turning beyond a safe range of motion so need to focus on keeping my core tight like spandex.

Couldn't maintain grips at all, need to resume grip work.

Focus on: kouchi/ouchi. Find that I often end up in a position between two throws but am not pushing to complete either, so need to focus on driving the technique through to the end as well.

Simple
1x5x16kg Goblet Squat
1x5 Hip Extension
7x10x16kg 2H Swing
1x5 TGU

3x Plank and Shank(60/30/60)

Leg hurting after judo so only did 1 set of warmup squats.

Focused Flexibility
Longsitting: hamstring variations, seated forward fold
Shoulders: lounge chair, shoulder internal rotation