Workout Log

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

9/7/22

Skate

Just over an hour

Note: ledge skating mostly then a bit of coping work. I’ll need to change that though, my hips pulled up very tight into the night, I’m not as conditioned now due to all of the time off, sticking to quarters will be the good option and intelligent work with burpees and running would be smart as well to get the hips conditioned. Did notice the lungs were a tiny bit off, again, due to the recent time off with colds etc. legs never felt heavy though. Just need to make sure I do things in a smart way going forward.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

10/7/22

Rest Day

Note: everything has recovered well except for the hips. Posterior hips are bound up still as are the flexors. This is by far the most inconsistent and challenging year for training I’ve had bar none. I don’t feel like I’m at the stage where I need to drop everything and go to a base build, I definitely need to address the hips though, without overdoing it. Might even restart my block to fighter tomorrow so I can keep more conditioning work involved. I’ll think about it and make a decision before tomorrow. Overall I think it’s just the hip soreness from the inconsistency, and going straight to skating how I normally would. So that definitely needs to be adjusted.

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Thoughts post sauna: Should be good to run Op Pro as is, just need to make adjustments. I’ll treat it like OP/IA if needed and add flex days where necessary.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

11/7/22

HBBSQ
100kg 1x2

WD
10kg 5x5

PU
3x9

PM

Thick Pinch Block Lifts
20kg 3x5 p/s (last rep/set hold for time)

Banded Neck Raises (all directions)
3x8

Note: Hips recovered better than I thought, not 100% but still better than I thought they would going by yesterday. Not a bad day of training, hopefully will be able to maintain and get back to a decent level of consistency.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

12/7/22

Heavy Bag
3x3 min rds

Reflex Ball
1x3 min rd

Freestyle Jump Rope
12 mins (last 15 seconds of each minute with a sprint or double under variation in place).

Note: was meant to jump rope for 20 minutes but the hips were still feeling a bit stiff. As fun as Op Pro seems to be lifting wise, it is effecting other areas that I want to train, or maybe I’m slightly deconditioned from the forced time out. I’ll reassess and go from tomorrow.

Additional note: am loosening up a few hours after. I’ll put things down to the accumulation of time off due to sickness etc.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

13/7/22

TBDL
163kg 1x3

WD
10kg 3x5

PU
3x9

Note: feeling much better, starting to get into a rhythm now. And QLD won state of origin, so a pretty good day all around.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

14/7/22

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

LSS Run
53 mins

Note: rollouts are getting a little sticky on the 3rd notch, might be worth going back up a notch for a little bit just to avoid any issues.
Run felt really good, nasal breathing maintained the whole way which was good. Not a bad session.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

15/7/22

Rest Day

Note: currently in the sauna, did mobility work earlier, will probably do more later today. Worked on lower abs, this completely alleviated the slight lower back tightness/pain I had been getting recently, definitely due to rollouts, I’ll back off from the 3rd notch for sure now, and further master the 5th, I know I can do rollouts at that height 2-3 days a week with no issue. I have a bit of a plan to progress to avoid the current issue from coming up again, which is basically work with 3-5x5 at the 5th notch most weeks, master 3-5 second pauses at the same height and work for sets of 3-5 once every 3-4 weeks on the 4th or 3rd notch. Obviously this is subject to change, but hanging at the 3rd notch for now just doesn’t seem sustainable, not ready to be “owned” yet. Which is fine, I can also do core circuits working with the 5th notch no problem.
Things are slowly coming together again, which is nice, without going into things, these last few months have been very taxing both mentally and physically.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

16/7/22

HBBSQ
75kg 5x5

WD
50kg 1x3

WPU
5kg 5x5

DB Farmers Carry
32.5kg DBs 3 sets

PM

Neck Raises
22.5kg 3x5

Note: also had a little play on the wrecking ball, mainly to keep the little one entertained. Going a few weeks straight now with a bit of sleep dep, but still managing to get the sessions in.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

17/7/22

Skate

Just over an hour

Note: still a bit tired post all the sleep dep, good to get out though.