Workout Log

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

18/7/22

Rest Day

Note: a little stiff in the hips still so I didn’t want to push it with the squats, did get some sauna and mobility work in, should be good to go by tomorrow. Should the hips continue to be an issue I may need to change blocks and main lifts, things seem to be improving. My plan is to run hybrid, but if my body won’t tolerate the squats (I still think the hip issue is mainly from too much rollout action from an intensity pov) I’ll make the change as needed.

TBPenguin

Re: Workout Log

Post by TBPenguin »

Why do you think it is the rollouts and not all the skating?

Adski

Post by Adski »

TBPenguin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 am Why do you think it is the rollouts and not all the skating?
Mainly as it’s come on the day after rollouts, since I lowered the ramp last. But also I hadn’t been skating as much lately and it’s been around during the time I hadn’t been skating. I’ve also had a fair bit of stress and illness as well that definitely didn’t help. So there’s a few things, but you are right, in that how I went skating definitely wasn’t the wisest and didn’t help the hips that were already bound up, however this past weekend I did adjust things, which helped.
Lastly, whenever I did lower ab mobility work I was pretty bound up, which is where rollouts tend to target the most, at least for me anyways.
I hope that answers the question.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

19/7/22

HBBSQ
100kg 1x3

WD
20kg 4x5

WPU
5kg 3x8

PM

Thick Pinch Block Lifts
20kg 2x5 p/s alternating
22.5kg 1x3 p/s alternating

Plank and Shank
16kg 1x1 min P&S
20kg 2x1 min P&S

Note: I think a combination of Plank and Shank and rollouts could be a good idea moving forward, to prevent overuse and be little more well rounded around the trunk region. All lifts felt good, hips are easing off which is nice. Either LSS, jump rope or a light boxing/jump rope combination will be on the cards tomorrow before DL day.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

20/7/22

Freestyle Jump Rope/Shadow Box

5 mins jump rope
1 min shadow box
4 and 2
3 and 3 down to 1min sprint in place and 5 mins shadow box like I’m going for a world title lol.

Note: hello jump rope legs. Finally legs are back after all the recent food poisoning/virus/cold/sleep dep that’s been going on for the last little while.

Currently doing sauna recovery. Hips are feeling good, will keep an eye on things, but I feel like I’m on the right track. DL day tomorrow.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

21/7/22

TBDL
168kg 1x2

WD
20kg 3x5

Note: not a bad session at all today. LSS/Fun Run tomorrow.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:54 am 21/7/22

TBDL
168kg 1x2

WD
20kg 3x5

How deep do you go with WD? I always feel that go beyond 90 degrees can injure my shoulders and it did at some point. WD are great but tricky..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:56 am

TBDL
168kg 1x2

WD
20kg 3x5

How deep do you go with WD? I always feel that go beyond 90 degrees can injure my shoulders and it did at some point. WD are great but tricky..
Hey Bark, typically I go a bit beyond 90. But is that really necessary to get the benefits from them? Not necessarily imo, you’re still working the same area. I’ve always had fairly mobile shoulders, but I also have to be aware of how I’m moving due to this. Fortunately with dips I’ve never had an issue, apart from when I had a shoulder sprain from a fall a couple of years back.
People that I’ve worked with that have had shoulder issues with dips usually benefit from some form of mobility work, with the exception of an anatomical issue most are able to work well at 90.
But yea personally for me Ive always enjoyed WDs.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:28 pm

TBDL
168kg 1x2

WD
20kg 3x5

Hey Bark, typically I go a bit beyond 90. But is that really necessary to get the benefits from them? Not necessarily imo, you’re still working the same area. I’ve always had fairly mobile shoulders, but I also have to be aware of how I’m moving due to this. Fortunately with dips I’ve never had an issue, apart from when I had a shoulder sprain from a fall a couple of years back.
People that I’ve worked with that have had shoulder issues with dips usually benefit from some form of mobility work, with the exception of an anatomical issue most are able to work well at 90.
Agree.. it’s great feeling when you go with dips and have few plates on you. my ego gets happy :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:38 pm
Adski wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:28 pm

Agree.. it’s great feeling when you go with dips and have few plates on you. my ego gets happy :)
True that haha. The only other reason is that for me dips just feel better to me than bench press. I can’t say I’ve had many issues with the BP, dips just seem to feel better overall.