Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

8/3/2021

OP I/A Black Continuation
Week 4 Strength Session 1

Bench press 3x3 85 kg
Squat 3x3 85kg
Weighted Pullups 3x3 20kg

A little bit rundown so just the bare minimum today. I skipped any HICs or finishers as the plan is to hit 2x BJJ tomorrow if I am no longer sick.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I have been really sick and I am on day 4 off work, so no training this week. I will hopefully be well enough to get back into things next week. Due to this I will definitely be repeating some of my weights next cycle.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Hope it’s not a Covid-19, mate.. feel well soob!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

15/3/2021

Week 5 Strength Session 1

Bench press 5x5 70 kg
Squat 3x5 70kg
Weighted Pullups 3x5 5kg

Shoulder workout 2.5kg

I ended up with a negative result for Covid overnight so back into training taking it easy. Thanks Barkadion. I would quote you but apparently that feature is gone from the forums sadly.

Luckily this is my lighter week for TB. If my chest has cleared by tomorrow I will try and get some BJJ in also and just take it easy in class. I missed grading whilst sick so keen to get back in and on the mats with all the newly graded people.

My strength work felt really good today and I pushed the volume on the bench press. I might do the same for the Pullups next session. I never bother for back squats because I don't really need to improve my squat 1 RM at all.

If I am still sick I will do HIC instead and just do an easy version of 600m resets. I haven't really got to progress my HIC or E at all this last 4 weeks. It's been a while since I have done any running. Life is doing it's best to get in the way of training right now. I still feel like I am progressing overall though a bit lacking in the conditioning department.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

16/03/21

BJJ No GI midday

Closed guard unbalancing

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Ear and sinus infection now so no training at all today. I can't take the pressure from lifting and equilibrium is out so no BJJ. I would rather have Covid at this stage as a healthy, physically fit male. All respect to anyone who lost anyway to it, but the common cold that has survived all the lockdowns and social distancing is absolutely ridiculous. It will be interseting to see what the Flu has become as a result of the last year.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

18/3/2021

Week 5 Strength Session 2

Bench press 4x5 70 kg
Squat 4x5 70kg
Weighted Pullups 3x5 5kg

I am still a bit rundown and not over whatever I have so just some easy strength training today. My sinuses and ear are blocked but luckily it's an easier week. Bit frustrating as I have barely been able to train but that's life.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

20/03/2021

TB Op I/A Week 5 Strength Session 3

Benchpress 70kg 3x5
Deadlift 80kg 1x5

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Get well, maxrip. I know how much I hate to take time off, but do what you gotta do to get right.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

22/3/2021 (Nightshift)

Week 6 Strength Session 1

Bench press 3x5 75 kg
Squat 3x5 75kg
Weighted Pullups 3x5 10kg

Another easy strength day today. I seem to be able to train fine if I keep it easy and just stick to my basic OP sets. I am dropping the shoulder complex for now to keep things bare minimum.

Thanks Mikhou. Just the lingering effects of a sinus infection to deal with now. I just need the antibiotics to clear what is left so I can get back to BJJ and conditioning.

The plan will definitely be a full repeat of my current training with HIC and BJJ included. No force progress even with the low training percentages.