Green2Blue

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by Green2Blue »

nickgoldma wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:
I want to eventually try one of these.
I like them. They're proving effective.
By the looks of it, is it necessary to have a heart monitor of some sort to track your heart beat? Is it beneficial at all?
You can do talk test, RPE, or race pace, but I failed miserably at all of those methods. I found HRM the best way to stay honest.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

10/26/16
Rest Day
Block 5

This was supposed to be an E day and the rest day the day after. However, due to some personal items I swapped them.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

10/27/16
Conditioning (Black Pro)
Block 5

E: LSS

Distance: 5.69 miles
Time: 1:13:47
Pace: 12:52
Average HR: 65%
Average RPE: 3

Notes
-Was planning on 10 miles, or maybe even a half marathon, but my wife called and wanted to go shooting so I cut it short.

-Ever since I got a HRM my LSS runs have been painfully slow. Reason being I read in TB2 that your HR during E should be 50-70% of your max. For me that average is 115. That's excruciatingly boring and it started to feel like a waste of time, even if I hung out at the top of that range (which I usually do) which is 132. So after this run I re-read TB2 and it actually says 60-70% OR 120-150. So I'll probably be upping my HR on my LSS to 140-150.

-If I have time next week I'm going to knock out a half marathon. Reasons being it's one of my goals (although I've done it before), but also because I'm getting bored with LSS runs and I want to switch to standard Black so I can play around with other HICs like GCs.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

10/28/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

Primary Lifts (80% Training Max)

SQ 5x5@350 lbs
BP 3x5@190 lbs (+2 bonus sets)
WPU 3x5@85 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Farmers Walk's
Swings 8-12
x3

Some quick machine arm work*
x3

Notes
-Felt good. I felt strong. This block is going so much better than the last.

*I know it's not TB proper, but my sleeves are getting loose. You can have all the performance in the world, but if you don't feel good about yourself you're going to lose motivation.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:10/28/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

SQ 5x5@350 lbs
WPU 3x5@85 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Farmers Walk's
Swings 8-12
x3

x3

Notes

*I know it's not TB proper, but my sleeves are getting loose. You can have all the performance in the world, but if you don't feel good about yourself you're going to lose motivation.
May I ask you what do you mean by "bonus sets"?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:10/28/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

SQ 5x5@350 lbs
WPU 3x5@85 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Farmers Walk's
Swings 8-12
x3

x3

Notes

May I ask you what do you mean by "bonus sets"?
So my standard sets this week are 5 for SQ and 3 for BP and WPU. Bonus sets are anything over that. If I have time and feel like throwing in more sets, I count them as bonus sets.

So for example today's bench was 3x5(+2 bonus). So 5 sets total. I write it like that just so people can see what my actual programmed sets are.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:So my standard sets this week are 5 for SQ and 3 for BP and WPU. Bonus sets are anything over that. If I have time and feel like throwing in more sets, I count them as bonus sets.

So for example today's bench was 3x5(+2 bonus). So 5 sets total. I write it like that just so people can see what my actual programmed sets are.
Oh, I see. Fair game, mate :)
Thank you.

BTW, I've been chewing on your double progression scheme and I find it perfect. I will try following it with my coming blocks.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:So my standard sets this week are 5 for SQ and 3 for BP and WPU. Bonus sets are anything over that. If I have time and feel like throwing in more sets, I count them as bonus sets.

Thank you.

BTW, I've been chewing on your double progression scheme and I find it perfect. I will try following it with my coming blocks.
I can't speak to its efficacy as I just started doing it, but it makes a lot of sense to me. If you do it please let me know how it works for you!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Thank you.

I can't speak to its efficacy as I just started doing it, but it makes a lot of sense to me. If you do it please let me know how it works for you!
Will do! But having "bonus sets" makes it kinda "blurry" :)

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Thank you.

Will do! But having "bonus sets" makes it kinda "blurry" :)
Fair enough. I add them only because some days you just feel better than others, and I want to take advantage of that.