Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

10/10/2021

TB OP I/A Week 3 Strength Session 6
Short warmup

BackSquat 3x5 100kg(accidently thought I did 100 last week when it was meant to be 95, felt easy)
Benchpress3x6 80kg
1 Arm DB BOR 5x8 es 20kg

Kettlebell carry circuit 20kg x 2 round
1 arm over head carry alt L,R
1 arm rack carry alt L,R
1 arm farmers carry alt L,R

Long family walk

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

12/10/21

TB OP I/A Week 3 Strength Session 6
Warmup
1 leg KB dl 20 kg 2x5 es
1 arm DB press 20kg 2x5 es
Foam roll lower back
Jumping x5

Deadlift 1x3 120kg
Benchpress 85kg 3x4

LSS run 25 min
2.3km
Avg Pace:10:53
Avg hr 157bom

40min walk 3.19km

My run felt much harder than it should have. I definitely think I am due a basebuild or some actual focus on my conditioning. My legs felt pretty dead throughout so maybe the deadlifts were harder than I thought. I think it will be test time at the end of this cycle before switching to another program or TB base building.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

14/10/2021

TB OP I/A Week 3 Strength Session 8
Extended Warmup

BackSquat 3x3 110kg
1 Arm KB OHP 4x6 24kg
1 Arm DB BOR 4x6 es 24kg

Shoulder complex 2.5kg

Kneeling ab wheel rollouts 2x10

1x8 tricep pushdown with 24kg KB
1x8 Lying bench row with 24kg KB

5-10 min cooldown stretch

I actually took 10 mins to warmup for a change and probably need to get back to this habit. All my lifts felt strong and smoother than usual. I need to make this a priority especially for AM sessions.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I definitely think I am due a base build as I am starting to get a heap of small niggles and my runs feel extremely hard.
I will finish next week off with some RM testing or similar and then pivot from there after a few days off. Gyms should be open again around the time I finish so it should work out well.

I am looking forward to the switch up and I am way over due for BB anyway. I thought I could skip it due to doing so much LSS through the year and nearly no HIC besides BJJ.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 pm I definitely think I am due a base build as I am starting to get a heap of small niggles and my runs feel extremely hard.
I will finish next week off with some RM testing or similar and then pivot from there after a few days off. Gyms should be open again around the time I finish so it should work out well.

I am looking forward to the switch up and I am way over due for BB anyway. I thought I could skip it due to doing so much LSS through the year and nearly no HIC besides BJJ.
Must be something in the air, I’ve noticed a few people, myself included jumping on the bb train.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Maxrip13 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 pm I definitely think I am due a base build as I am starting to get a heap of small niggles and my runs feel extremely hard.

Must be something in the air, I’ve noticed a few people, myself included jumping on the bb train.
This forum needs a like option.

Yeah I noticed a few regulars on here are doing the same, which might have been why I started to realise it is time. I haven't done one since March/Feb, but I usually do so much LSS I don't worry too much. I really just feel like doing some SE to be honest. If I was smart I would just do Fighter Bangkok with a green focus and never have to change again haha.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

19/10/2021

TB Op I/A Testing week
Strength Session 9

Extended full body warmup Including 4kg club shoulder exercises
(I may make these part of my warm up more often)

BW 80kg

Back Squat 120kg x5

Bench press 80kg x9 (failed rep 10)

Deadlift 180kg x1 (worked to 160kg before remembering that chalk is an option..)

1 Arm KB OHP 32kg x1 es (Strict)

I am pretty happy overall with the back squat and deadlift numbers, but a bit disappointed on the bench press reps.

I am moving away from 1RMs for testing in my training and focusing on 3-5RMs for testing instead. I think in the long term it carries over better to my training and allows me to lift lighter and do other training easier.

120kg is 1.5x my bodyweight for a set of 5 which I feel is strong enough, without impacting other areas for a back squat. The plan will be to maintain this level and up my conditioning volume to build my all round GPP.

I really wanted over 10 reps for my bench press, but I have never had a strong bench press. I probably could have gutted out the rep, but it would have been a very ugly rep so I bailed. I bench very close grip these days. This was still a new RM with the previous one being 8.

The 180 kg deadlift felt great and moved well. I haven't deadlifted heavy in years and thought I would just give it a crack. I haven't lifted over 120kg this whole cycle and it was the first time I have used a mixed grip and chalk from memory this year. I guess I was a bit too conservative haha.

The KB OHP was thrown in spur of the moment as I want to give bench pressing a breach due to some shoulder issues. I have 2 adjustable 32kgs so have some good options there. I might play around with a 16,20,24,28kg progression and try and increase my pressing abilities that way in place of benching. I would like to get back to 32kg for a set of 5 or so as a goal in the future.

I will probably do some run based testing at some point this week. I will either do a timed distance run or beep test/yo yo type test session. Otherwise I might do an interval session in prep for some specific testing for work.

One major takeaway was the extended warm up. I will be making sure I warm up for an extended period in the future. The lifts felt much better and allowed me to push harder than I usually might for testing.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:31 pm
Adski wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 pm

This forum needs a like option.

Yeah I noticed a few regulars on here are doing the same, which might have been why I started to realise it is time. I haven't done one since March/Feb, but I usually do so much LSS I don't worry too much. I really just feel like doing some SE to be honest. If I was smart I would just do Fighter Bangkok with a green focus and never have to change again haha.
Yes I believe it does lol.

True! I was actually considering a fighter Bangkok block after bb, but we’ll see.
And agreed, a green focus would assist keeping everything in order, am a fan of a few challenging HICs though.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

24/10/2021

Base build Week 1 Session 1
SE+LSS

SE
Short warmup

1.x20
2.x20
3.x10 es
4.x20
3 rounds, 1 min rest between exercises, 3 min rest between rounds.

LSS 30 min 3.81km
Avg Pace:7:53 per km
AVG Hr 162 bpm

18 min cooldown walk

Stretch and Spa later in the day

I committed to the base build. I am using the second variation from the program Grouchy gave me at the start of the year. It's bloody awesome like the rest of his program has been. The heart rate spiked pretty high a few times and I needed a good minute between exercises after the first round. I really enjoyed it overall and I am dreading the 3x50 sets to be honest.

I did a nice easy LSS run to finish up. I really enjoy combining these sessions back to back and it will assist me in getting them in with a return to BJJ. My HR spiked very high for the first 15 mins before settling back into the 155bpm range. It's good it averaged out over the run, because I think it was a watch issue more than anything. I highly doubt i maintained at 185 bpm for the first 10 mins as my watch indicated haha.

I am looking forward to the switch up after some pretty consistent lifting over the past 6 months. Base build incoming before I probably pivot to Fighter Bangkok with a continued focus on BJJ and conditioning.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

25/10/2021

LSS Run 30 min
Avg Pace:7:23 per km
Avg Hr:150 bpm

Cooldown walk