Barkadion TB Logs

Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

Have to leave before 6AM tomorrow. Not sure if I can squeeze HIC in .. but I will try... ;)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

4/4/19
Block#24, OP I/A Black OWT/FP(82.5%)
Week#2, Thursday (80%)

GC#6
2H T-bar Swings - 1x10, 67.5lb
ECBB - 1x5
Air Squats - 1x10
AMRAP - 5 min
RI - 90sec
x2

Qigong
Breathing
qi/arms drills
L arm

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I'm no dietician, but those carb guidelines seem high.
Barkadion wrote:Great shoulder/scapula drill:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=563441830812119
I got good results last year doing 30-seconds (iirc?) of dead hangs (hang at the bottom of a pull-up and let your shoulders go loose. Really helped my impingement until I went too far and something came loose inside the joint of my left shoulder.

Best thing I've done since then is drop BP altogether and doing only OH. Best my shoulders have felt in years.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:I'm no dietician, but those carb guidelines seem high.
Maybe I am just getting older... but I am doing well bring on carbs.. Really struggle otherwise unless I drop any conditioning.. YMMV..

VenomousCoffee wrote:I got good results last year doing 30-seconds (iirc?) of dead hangs (hang at the bottom of a pull-up and let your shoulders go loose. Really helped my impingement until I went too far and something came loose inside the joint of my left shoulder.

Best thing I've done since then is drop BP altogether and doing only OH. Best my shoulders have felt in years.
I hear you.. I might do that in foreseeable future. Low ceiling in my basement might force me to OHP DB version or incline football bar press..

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I also wonder how those carb numbers scale with bodyweight. 600 grams per day for high volume work (which TB would definitely qualify as, right?) ...

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:I also wonder how those carb numbers scale with bodyweight. 600 grams per day for high volume work (which TB would definitely qualify as, right?) ...
Well.. it’s “up to” not “=“ :) I’m getting ~300g which is about 1.5-ish per 1lb of BW. And I’m eyeballing mostly since i have done a lot of calorie tracking in the past..

Also, having little kids.. our family approach is to show them healthy way of eating without avoiding any types of food. But my personal goal is to hit protein requirements and get to the daily totals.. and I fail to do that quite often ;)
Last edited by Barkadion on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Definitely agree about teaching healthy attitudes toward food types. I was in the process of writing a comment about how the 'zero carbs' thing seems to be going away, but then I thought of Keto. So maybe it's just taking on new forms.

I was in junior high at the highpoint of the "a healthy diet consists entirely of bread!" era, which I think has given me a healthy skepticism about diet fashion.