Warmup Upper back band exercises

Sumo Deadlift 3x5 85kg
Bench press 3x8 35kg
Squat 2x3 40kg

Pullups 3x3 BW

Pallof press
2x10 es (black band)

Week 1 recap:

I am really enjoying DUP after years at grinding away at OP I/A/Fighter. it's good to mix things up within the familiar TB system.
Day 1 absolutely wrecked me as I wasn't used to higher rep squats. Major DOMs that forced me to take a day off training and nearly put me over recovery wise. The body feels like it has adjusted. Sumo Deadlifts is a great edition. I would definitely recommend very conservative maxes to ease into it if you haven't done Mass as the volume can sneak up if you are like me and stick to the lower end of OP.

As usual when I up my lifting, my conditioning has dropped off due to time constraints. BJJ covers it a bit, but I miss my longer runs already.
I need to bite the bullet and source a good indoor cardio option or commit to short intervals in the back yard.

Barkadion

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 pm 17/6/22

TB OP DUP Session 3

Sumo Deadlift 3x5 85kg
Bench press 3x8 35kg
Squat 2x3 40kg

Pullups 3x3 BW

Pallof press
2x10 es (black band)

Week 1 recap:

I am really enjoying DUP after years at grinding away at OP I/A/Fighter. it's good to mix things up within the familiar TB system.
Day 1 absolutely wrecked me as I wasn't used to higher rep squats. Major DOMs that forced me to take a day off training and nearly put me over recovery wise. The body feels like it has adjusted. Sumo Deadlifts is a great edition. I would definitely recommend very conservative maxes to ease into it if you haven't done Mass as the volume can sneak up if you are like me and stick to the lower end of OP.

As usual when I up my lifting, my conditioning has dropped off due to time constraints. BJJ covers it a bit, but I miss my longer runs already.
I need to bite the bullet and source a good indoor cardio option or commit to short intervals in the back yard.
I’m into Zulu HT and 10 reps for squats and DL makes me feel like jellyfish.. and I’m using very conservative TM.. I/CAT all the way till death :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 pm 17/6/22

TB OP DUP Session 3

Sumo Deadlift 3x5 85kg
Bench press 3x8 35kg
Squat 2x3 40kg

Pullups 3x3 BW

Pallof press
2x10 es (black band)

Week 1 recap:

I noticed I had to adjust a few things while running DUP, good to see you’re back at it!
I was considering running Hybrid with the conditioning emphasis, just so I can maintain skills in other areas.

Other than the doms, How are you finding the mix of speed and H lifts?

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

20/6/22

OP DUP Day 4

Warmup x2
Face pull x15
Low row x15
Pull apart x15

Benchpress 45kg 4x4
Back Squat 70kg 3x6
Sumo DL 70kg 3x3

Pullups 3x4

Kneeling Ab Wheel Rollouts
2x10

LSS Run 45 mins
5.22km
Avg pace:8:38 per km
Avg Hr 130bpm

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:06 pm

I noticed I had to adjust a few things while running DUP, good to see you’re back at it!
I was considering running Hybrid with the conditioning emphasis, just so I can maintain skills in other areas.

I am already feeling heaps better but I definitely notice it in my legs during BJJ training.
I want to work out a fighter DUP variation. I prefer to lift 2x a week these days. I used barbell lifts for the speed work and I regret it. I will be swapping to jumps, throws and some sort of explosive pull for the next run through. I am enjoying the variety though.
Barkadion wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 am
I’m into Zulu HT and 10 reps for squats and DL makes me feel like jellyfish.. and I’m using very conservative TM.. I/CAT all the way till death :)
I went so conservative for my lifts it isn't funny. I couldn't imagine doing 10 reps of deadlifts with any decent weight haha.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:05 am
Adski wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:06 pm

I am already feeling heaps better but I definitely notice it in my legs during BJJ training.
I want to work out a fighter DUP variation. I prefer to lift 2x a week these days. I used barbell lifts for the speed work and I regret it. I will be swapping to jumps, throws and some sort of explosive pull for the next run through. I am enjoying the variety though.
Barkadion wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 am
I went so conservative for my lifts it isn't funny. I couldn't imagine doing 10 reps of deadlifts with any decent weight haha.
Lol true!!!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

15/06/2022

TB OP DUP Session 5

Warmup Upper back band work

Back Squat 3x4 80kg
Sumo Deadlift 2x6 85kg
Benchpress 3x6 40kg

Pullups 2x4 BW

Little change to get todays session and the main bit of Fridays session in before a big weekend on the mats for a grading. I dropped the spped work and added some hypertrophy upper body work instead.

I managed to hurt my neck a bit recently so will be taking a session off to give myself time to recover. I got through today's training with no problems, I have had no loss of strength and it just feels like a normal neck spasm from sleeping bad. I have physio tomorrow which should work it out and I have nothing more than an easy run planned for Friday.