OP Pro Week 1 Session 1 (cycle 2)
Warmup upper back band warmup

Benchpress 70kg x3
Back Squat 3x5 65kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 85kg
Pullup 3x4 BW

2 rounds
1 min plank, approx. 1 min rest between rounds

I decided to do another 3 week run of OP Pro. I really enjoyed the template and it's easier to recover from than OP DUP.
The plan will be too add more LSS and conditioning to this run through, but I am on the cusp of catching a cold of the little one.
I will take this week relatively easy and progress from there. If I hold of the cold, I plan to do a hard 1RM test in the peak week and then take a full deload week.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

OP Pro Week 1 Session 2 (cycle 2)

Back Squat 3Rm 105kg
Benchpress 50kg 3x5
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 85kg
Pullup 3x4 BW

1 round
Weight vest 1 arm KB farmers carry alt L,R

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

28/07/22

Bjj gi Open guard
30 mins rolling

29/7/22
OP Pro Week 1 Session 3 (cycle 2)

Deadlift 5RM 105kg (zoned out and did a set of 5 by accident haha)
Benchpress 50kg 3x5
Back squat 2x5 65kg
Pullup 3x4 BW

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

OP Pro Week 2 Session 1 (cycle 2)

Benchpress 75kg x1 (failed 2nd rep due to nerve issue)
Back Squat 3x5 70kg
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 3x5 BW

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

OP Pro Week 2 Session 2 (cycle 2)

Back Squat 3Rm 110kg
Benchpress 55kg 3x5 (alternating grips due to repeatedly failing at 75kg with my standard close grip)
Sumo Deadlift 1x5 90kg
Pullup 2x5 BW

Pushups 2x10

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

4/8/2022

Bjj Midday gi
Armbars

Bjj Evening No Gi
Armbars

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

5/8/22
OP Pro Week 2 Session 3 (cycle 2)

Deadlift 3RM 110kg
Benchpress 55kg 3x5
Pullup 2x5 BW

I skipped back squats after a double BJJ day yesterday.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

12/08/2022
Op Pro Week 3 Testing session
BW 80kg
Benchpress 70kgx1 (Failed at 80kg)
Back Squat 120kgx1
Pullup BW x9
Ring Dip BW x3 reps

I have had a pretty rough week work wise and have had to prioritise getting to BJJ over strength training.
I did some basic testing today, knowing I was going to test poorly due to fatigue and flare up of my injury.

The benchpress was disappointing, I appear to be stuck at this number for my benchpress due to nerve patterning issues. My physio has recommended I add some exercise variety in, to get things firing properly and relearn pre injury patterns.

My back squat was nice and easy but I cut it there to get BJJ in this evening and hopefully tomorrow.

My pullup numbers were a good improvement and puts me back around 50% of my pre injury general number.
I did some dips in and initially failed at a single, I gave myself a short break and managed a triple pretty easily.

I will take the weekend to work out where to progress from here. Most likely I will do Fighter or Operator and sub out benchpress at least one day for dips. Other option is a basebuild as I want to get back to running again.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:39 am 12/08/2022
BW 80kg
Back Squat 120kgx1
Pullup BW x9
Ring Dip BW x3 reps

I have had a pretty rough week work wise and have had to prioritise getting to BJJ over strength training.
I did some basic testing today, knowing I was going to test poorly due to fatigue and flare up of my injury.

The benchpress was disappointing, I appear to be stuck at this number for my benchpress due to nerve patterning issues. My physio has recommended I add some exercise variety in, to get things firing properly and relearn pre injury patterns.

My back squat was nice and easy but I cut it there to get BJJ in this evening and hopefully tomorrow.

My pullup numbers were a good improvement and puts me back around 50% of my pre injury general number.
I did some dips in and initially failed at a single, I gave myself a short break and managed a triple pretty easily.

I will take the weekend to work out where to progress from here. Most likely I will do Fighter or Operator and sub out benchpress at least one day for dips. Other option is a basebuild as I want to get back to running again.
Awesome to see the pull ups are coming back for you!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:38 am
Maxrip13 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:39 am 12/08/2022
BW 80kg
Back Squat 120kgx1
Pullup BW x9
Ring Dip BW x3 reps

Awesome to see the pull ups are coming back for you!
I popped a rib at training the next day, so back to square one injury wise. It seems a good time for a base build I guess so I will deal with it.
2022 has been the year of injuries for me. I have my second kid due, so will probably just get some easy work in for the rest of the year and reset for a big 2023. Extended Base build into Green, go on. I was keen to get some running in, so no big deal. I will be able to up my mileage as I will only be drilling in BJJ for the next 6-12 weeks. It could be worse as it may allow my neck to sort the last bit out finally.