Green2Blue TB Log

Barkadion

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by Barkadion »

Green2Blue wrote:-Lifted at home again. I'm falling in love with it.
:D :!:
http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-flat-utility-bench - built like a tank, ships as 1 piece no assembly required, reasonable price. I have been abusing it for a while with good feelings.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

First, I love your story about how you worked your way back to full ROM squatting. It was very smart to squat to the depth YOU can handle given your own limitations. I love squatting deep, but you're right not to make an idol of it. Even better is how you worked your way back using the box squat. I'm not surprised that worked. Think of all the powerlifters who use the box for most of their training, and then hit great numbers in meets.

Second, the college just opened a shiny new "state of the art" fitness facility directly adjacent to my office. I still, however, workout at home.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:-Lifted at home again. I'm falling in love with it.
:D :!:
http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-flat-utility-bench - built like a tank, ships as 1 piece no assembly required, reasonable price. I have been abusing it for a while with good feelings.
Exactly the one I was looking at. Thanks for the recommendation!

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:First, I love your story about how you worked your way back to full ROM squatting. It was very smart to squat to the depth YOU can handle given your own limitations. I love squatting deep, but you're right not to make an idol of it. Even better is how you worked your way back using the box squat. I'm not surprised that worked. Think of all the powerlifters who use the box for most of their training, and then hit great numbers in meets.

Second, the college just opened a shiny new "state of the art" fitness facility directly adjacent to my office. I still, however, workout at home.
Box squatting saved my squats. I wouldn't have made it back to squatting without them. Or if I had I'd be incredibly weak.

Yep, the convenience of having your OWN gear is incredible. I really feel like it'll take my training to another level.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote: Yep, the convenience of having your OWN gear is incredible. I really feel like it'll take my training to another level.
It also means you will never again have to wait to start your squats while some guy finishes up his curls in the power rack.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:
Green2Blue wrote: Yep, the convenience of having your OWN gear is incredible. I really feel like it'll take my training to another level.
It also means you will never again have to wait to start your squats while some guy finishes up his curls in the power rack.
Bingo. I can't even begin to explain how frustrating that was!

It also takes ego lifting out of the equation. That itself is pretty huge.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Awesome about the home equipment. I work overseas and am going to be spending some time back in the States in 2017-18 and am really lamenting the fact that I don't have access to a home gym in the States like I do overseas. I am keeping my eye on Craig's list close to where I"ll be and I might try to pick up some used equipment if I can!

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

11/06/16
Conditioning (Black) Deload Week
Block 5

HIC: GC9

A: 8 rounds

B: 10 minutes of jump rope

Notes
-Deload week. I didn't feel like it was worth a trip to the track so I did a GC at home. Did jump rope instead of sprints.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

11/7/16
Strength (Operator I/A)
Block 5

Primary Lifts (90% Training Max)

SQ *
BP 3x3@220 lbs
WPU 3x3@95 lbs

Accessory Lifts

Ligh Power Cleans 5+
Hanging Leg Raises 5+
x3

Notes
*Was supposed to be 3x390 with the box squats. Since I discovered recently I can now do full squats pain free I gave it a shot. I could only do 2 reps. It's like I'm learning to squat all over again. That's fine though. I'll just play around with various intensities and reps for the rest of the block and focus on relearning the non-box technique. I'll decide at the end what my new training max will be. I'll cut a minimum of 25 lbs.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote:Since I discovered recently I can now do full squats pain free I gave it a shot. I could only do 2 reps. It's like I'm learning to squat all over again. That's fine though.
Right, this a great problem to have! I'm digging your comeback to full ROM. Well done.