VenomousCoffee's Training Log

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Barkadion wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
One of the things I've learned with running TB is never feel guilty of taking extra rest days if needed ;)
I have this (bad) habit of thinking in terms of "I"m missing out on my progress!" by taking easy days and rest days. You'd think that by this age I'd have learned better. But you'd be wrong.
I know. I felt the same. But I realized at some point that I am actually making progress when I am recovering. Another trick was realizing that only good training session is one that you want to do.. And you can harm yourself if you pushing it by forcimg yourself to train... Basically, being smart about days off is magic trick :)
I was just thinking, too, that I'm sure if I was doing the personal training thing on here, KB would have a strong opinion about a 40+ y.o., 240 lb English teacher doing 75 minute jogs and the full slate of SE work for BB. And how that just might be related to my feeling run down....

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 3/15
E, 120 minute jog

End of week 5 of BB

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Started the transition to part 2 of BB today. Using Fighter with the minimum sets for the MS work. Today I just eyeballed it for the weights. Lost some strength during BB but less than expected. It's fine.

Friday 3/16
Off

Saturday 3/17
MS
E, 30 minutes on the rower

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sunday 3/17
HIC #10

Just got home and it felt really good. I didn't hit that wall until 2/3s of the way through and after I was done, only took a few minutes to feel recharged again. It's only one HIC but it feels like this BB gave me exactly what I wanted.

Life hack: If you live in the nightmare hellscape of Florida, you can use parking garage ramps on a Sunday morning for your hill work. Thanks for the suggestion, Reddit guy!

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 3/18
SE 3x20

Recovery day. Very happy with how easy this felt.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 3/19
MS, grunt cluster

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 3/21
HIC #3 x6 rounds

Humbling. And honestly, a lot of it was closer to a stumble than a sprint. But this was the first time I've ever made it out of the "for babies" rounds on this one. And today, rounds 3 through 6 were about the same difficulty, which I think is a good sign. 6 might have been easier than 3, even. Progress. And I plan on using the same HICs these next two weeks of BB and maybe afterwards too.

TBK

Post by TBK »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Wednesday 3/21
HIC #3 x6 rounds
One of my favorites because they're humbling. Even though they never feel easier, times get faster.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

TBK wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:Wednesday 3/21
HIC #3 x6 rounds
One of my favorites because they're humbling. Even though they never feel easier, times get faster.
I'm not gonna lie, I nearly took the coward's way out and did HIC #1 instead. And then after round 2, I was ready to quit after 4 (the for babies version). But then something clicked after 3 and hitting 6 felt doable. Terrible, but doable.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 3/21
E, 60 minute jog

End of week 6 of BB